DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2020, 08:40 PM   #1561
R1psycho
Scrubbing bloodstains
 
R1psycho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the gym or ft. worth at times
Posts: 4,796
Default

So howís everyone hanging in there? I ended up biting the bullet and snagged a power rack and 315# of weights, used at a fair price vs all of the people wanting to retire off of selling stuff. I havenít been doing anything lifting wise for 2 months and everything went all to hell strength wise. Been working out solid the last 2 weeks and feel things slowly returning back to normal, but at least if this virus stuff keeps things closed, I have something to throw around. Saw where 24 hour is opening 5 locations starting Monday and got details on having to make an appointment to go and only being able to spend an hour in there and then having to leave before the next wave of people show up. Of course they wonít be 24 hours, but my other gym opens up also and Iím not sure if it will be convenient to be able to go with the mad rush of people Iím sure that will be going. Time will tell. Hope everyone is still healthy and doing well.
__________________
2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently
R1psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:54 AM   #1562
Sgt Beavis
I am the Great Cornholio.
VIP Member
 
Sgt Beavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 16,076
Default

I’m about to head down to the basement and do the last session of a four week strength training class. My weight is hanging around 183lbs and I have discovered that I have ABS!! I’ve just got a bit more belly fat to get out of the way but my wife is loving the progress. Holy shit, I have a friggin’ chest instead of man boobs..

Best part. This week I tried on my old Army uniform. I haven’t been able to wear it for about 20 years. It FRIGGIN’ FITS!! I look great in a flight suit..
Sgt Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #1563
Ruffdaddy
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 12,478
Default

I stalled over the past 3 weeks and was hoping to have cut the final 2-3 lbs by now. I also need to cut my sodium a little as I've got a constant water bloat. After that I should be able to see a little more abs.

Here's my most recent pic this season at 185 lbs (in the morning...closer to 190 by mid day) and 5'10.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 07:23 PM   #1564
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,442
Default

Proud to say throughout the Wuhan crisis of bullshit I gained 20lbs and then lost ten. My gym was shut down for two months as well as working from home and feeding my face. Ten lbs heavier than prior updates, but I'm at that age where I know I won't be doing any turns on the catwalk, so fuck it. Functional fatty in effect.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 03:28 PM   #1565
Mike
Hi
 
Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,201
Default

Lookin good, slick
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:16 PM   #1566
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Lookin good, slick
Thanks. I do this for you, cupcake!
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:51 PM   #1567
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member
 
Tx Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 15,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
Proud to say throughout the Wuhan crisis of bullshit I gained 20lbs and then lost ten. My gym was shut down for two months as well as working from home and feeding my face. Ten lbs heavier than prior updates, but I'm at that age where I know I won't be doing any turns on the catwalk, so fuck it. Functional fatty in effect.
[img]piktar/img]
Grats bubba!
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:31 AM   #1568
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,442
Default

thanks!
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:29 AM   #1569
kingjason
Notorious PIG
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 8,312
Default

Well, I had decided when I hit 50 I was done lifting. After Covid hit, and me feeling a lot weaker, I am back in the gym. 24 hour is like 8-11p so I am currently hanging out at Planet Fitness. While they don't have that many free weights, it is enough that I am back close to where I was over a year ago. Still doing my cardio at the house but I hit PF once or twice a week just to lift. I do feel a lot better and it was funny after not going 6 months, picking up a 45 and thinking, man these are heavier then I remember. Everyone else hanging in there?
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 02:55 AM   #1570
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,599
Default

I don't know any of you bastards well enough to post pictures of myself, but I weighed 246 pounds on 12/6/21. As of this morning (2/21/22), I'm 207 pounds. That's 39 pounds in around 10 weeks.

Zero exercise. I did the Optavia 5+1 program. I'm actually still doing it. I'm only a few pounds from my goal so I'll be transitioning off in the next couple of weeks. I'm 6'-3" and I figure around 205 pounds is good. Might go closer to 200 and see how I feel.

When I started, I was wearing snug 40" shorts/jeans. I bought a bunch of 36" shorts yesterday and they fit great. Not tight, not baggy. 38's were falling off of me.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 06:38 AM   #1571
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member
 
Tx Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 15,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
I don't know any of you bastards well enough to post pictures of myself, but I weighed 246 pounds on 12/6/21. As of this morning (2/21/22), I'm 207 pounds. That's 39 pounds in around 10 weeks.

Zero exercise. I did the Optavia 5+1 program. I'm actually still doing it. I'm only a few pounds from my goal so I'll be transitioning off in the next couple of weeks. I'm 6'-3" and I figure around 205 pounds is good. Might go closer to 200 and see how I feel.

When I started, I was wearing snug 40" shorts/jeans. I bought a bunch of 36" shorts yesterday and they fit great. Not tight, not baggy. 38's were falling off of me.
Bad ass man! I'm not familiar with this program you're using, but shedding weight will always be good for you.

When covid hit, I was just north of 230# and am 6'1" wearing snug 38" waist britches. On 5/2020 I had a choice between bigger clothes or do something different, so I got a MTB and proceeded to go full Forrest Gump. From May to Oct, I put close to 8k miles on the bike and lost just over 60#. I could wear 28" waist pants, but my hips aren't that narrow any more, so loosish 32" it is.

Keep it up and add some kind of exercise to this journey, it's good for you, weren't not meant to be sedentary creatures.

Tx
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:04 AM   #1572
Mach1
rm -rf /
 
Mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Royse City, TX
Posts: 9,159
Default

I started intermittent fasting 16/8, cut gluten, started riding my bike 3-4 times a week and had good results until the holidays, im getting my shit together again and looking to be back around 180. My testosterone doubled during the good times, my CRP levels were off the charts before and they are nearly in a normal range now. This chart is Mar 2021 until now.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 10.01.56 AM.jpg
__________________
WTB:A9P Computer, please let me know if you have one.
Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php
Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 10:20 PM   #1573
TX_92_Notch
Just a nobody
 
TX_92_Notch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Redneck View Post
Bad ass man! I'm not familiar with this program you're using, but shedding weight will always be good for you.

When covid hit, I was just north of 230# and am 6'1" wearing snug 38" waist britches. On 5/2020 I had a choice between bigger clothes or do something different, so I got a MTB and proceeded to go full Forrest Gump. From May to Oct, I put close to 8k miles on the bike and lost just over 60#. I could wear 28" waist pants, but my hips aren't that narrow any more, so loosish 32" it is.

Keep it up and add some kind of exercise to this journey, it's good for you, weren't not meant to be sedentary creatures.

Tx
Nice work - losing 60 pounds is quite a feat. I am actually looking forward to getting back in the gym and also getting into a cardio routine. I hate bikes but we recently bought an Ergatta water rower and I need to make that part of my routine. Once I come off of this meal plan, I can't let myself put the weight back on.
TX_92_Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:12 AM   #1574
Tx Redneck
Wannabe puter fixor
VIP Member
 
Tx Redneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On the straight and narrow,stumbling at best, only by Gods grace.
Posts: 15,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
Nice work - losing 60 pounds is quite a feat. I am actually looking forward to getting back in the gym and also getting into a cardio routine. I hate bikes but we recently bought an Ergatta water rower and I need to make that part of my routine. Once I come off of this meal plan, I can't let myself put the weight back on.
Ty sir, it's been a journey for sure and my motivation for continuing riding is I refuse to get fat again.
Tx Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boats > racks, cocks motivate nay, gasser dyel?, got roids?, i refuse to beleaf, nay lift balls & swallows, nay sez pound dis ass, nay wants ass pounding, naynay 4 sucking on cock, naynay dicksucking faggot, naynay take all 12inches

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.