X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jigga What? View Post
    took me about 9 seconds to find this

PRESTWICK LANDING VID
    A good friend of mine lives about 2 miles from runway 03 (the one that crosses the one the AN-225 landed on) at Prestwick. She's a big aviation buff like I am, we even went and watched aircraft last time I was there. I wouldn't be surprised if she was out watching that very landing.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

This puts it into perspective for me. I've been in/around C5's and they are HUGE but looks small compared to that monster!

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

I got to see one up close in Oklahoma City about 25 years ago. It was here for an air show. They took it up, and flew it at low altitude around the city, and it was flanked by two Russian fighter planes. I remember it looking almost cartoon like, being so big, and flying so low. It was a big deal at the time, because it was the first time the plane had ever been in an American air show. Unfortunetly, it didn't get to "perform" as a stunt plane crashed, minutes before the Antonov was supposed the fly. (Cancelling the show)
        sigpic

Comment

R.I.P.

The Antonov An-225 Mriya, known as the world’s largest aircraft, was destroyed during a Russian attack on the Antonov Airport in Hostomel, Ukraine. The destruction was confirmed by Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba. “This was the world’s largest aircraft, AN-225 ‘Mriya’ (‘Dream’ in Ukrainian). Russia may have destroyed our ‘Mriya’,” Kuleba said on Twitter. “But

Comment

that sucks

Comment

I had seen when the crew said it was still safe. but now it appears to be gone. that really sucks.

Comment

I'd say this is pretty good confirmation

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  I'd say this is pretty good confirmation

that hurts to look at.

Comment

At least it's out of its misery.

Comment

Working...
                    X