No announcement yet.

On our way out of Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're not trolling. Unlike me, you don't have the required personality flaw that it takes to think that kind of shit is funny.

Comment

Now the support is at an all-time low.

CNN) - Support for the war in Afghanistan has fallen to an all-time low with the majority of Americans saying the U.S. should withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan before the 2014 deadline set by the Obama administration, according to a new poll.

The CNN/ORC International survey released Friday indicated only 25% of Americans favored the war in the Asian country. A majority of Republicans voiced opposition to it, for the first time since the war began in 2001. Just 37% of the general public said things are going well for the U.S. in Afghanistan, while only 34% said America is winning the war. The approval likely contributed to the 55% of those surveyed who said the U.S. should remove all of its troops from the country before 2014.

Twenty-two percent expressed support for the 2014 timetable and an additional 22% said the U.S. should keep some troops in Afghanistan beyond 2014.

Leaders at the Pentagon have recently responded to low poll numbers by stressing the importance of fighting the war on the ground.

"We cannot fight wars by polls," Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said on Tuesday. "If we do that we're in deep trouble. We have to operate based on what we believe is the best strategy to achieve the mission that we are embarked on. And the mission here is to safeguard our country by ensuring that the Taliban and al Qaeda never again find a safe haven in Afghanistan."

The poll, conducted for CNN by ORC International, surveyed 1,014 American adults by telephone between March 24 and March 25 with a sampling error of plus or minus three percentage points.

Comment

It's Vietnam all over again without the huge protest.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
          Definitely a quagmire (and not the "giggity" kind).

No matter how long we stay, it will never be long enough for them to "train and equip" their police force.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
            Except our military personnel are not treated like scum like they were last time.

Knowing the left though, it may be jsut a matter of time.

Comment

Level afghanistan, eliminating the taliban there. Others are casualties of war. Sorry bout that. Then leave the cleanup to the afghan people.

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                Level afghanistan, eliminating the taliban there. Others are casualties of war. Sorry bout that. Then leave the cleanup to the afghan people.
                You go first.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

There's nothing here to level where I'm at, now maybe down south you could flame some drug fields and do some good, but most of Afghanistan, it would be a waste of a bomb to drop it. This place is so far in the stone age, I don't think it will ever have anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    You go first.
                    Uhh... first to what?

Comment

Possible election move?
                      2004 Suzuki DL650
                      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
                        Uhh... first to what?
                        What I mean is: lead the charge, hoss.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
                          There's nothing here to level where I'm at, now maybe down south you could flame some drug fields and do some good, but most of Afghanistan, it would be a waste of a bomb to drop it. This place is so far in the stone age, I don't think it will ever have anything.
                          Well said. The idea would have worked in Iraq where there was infrastructure but what are you going to bomb, the mountains?
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

If we just would have stayed twenty more years....

Comment

Or just carpet bombed the whole area September 12th.
                              Last edited by BradM; 08-15-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                                Or just carpet bombed the whole area September 12th.
                                I was really hoping Trump would have dropped all those MOABS.

Comment

Working...
                                X