Headphones for riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones for riding

I love to listen to music when I ride, but I did not like having all the environmental noise blocked out with in-ear buds or over the ear style headphones. I need to be able to hear cars, etc. One of my coworkers mentioned Aftershokz that he uses to listen to stuff while he works, but still keep an ear out for the kids.

I looked em up and it's a fascinating tech in how it works because nothing goes in or over your ear, it vibrates on the bone in your cheek and conducts the sound through the bone structure. Disclaimer:If you're wanting great sound quality, then do not look at these. They don't sound bad, but it's not the quality you might anticipate for their price. They come with earplugs that do increase the bass you hear in your ear and are intended to wear in an environment where you can afford the isolation they provide. At max volume, they almost tickle your cheek, but have very little sound bleed to bother others nearby.

I got the Air model from Amazon and really like them, I can jam/podcast while I ride and still be aware of my surroundings. https://aftershokz.com/

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    I love to listen to music when I ride, but I did not like having all the environmental noise blocked out with in-ear buds or over the ear style headphones. I need to be able to hear cars, etc. One of my coworkers mentioned Aftershokz that he uses to listen to stuff while he works, but still keep an ear out for the kids.

I looked em up and it's a fascinating tech in how it works because nothing goes in or over your ear, it vibrates on the bone in your cheek and conducts the sound through the bone structure. Disclaimer:If you're wanting great sound quality, then do not look at these. They don't sound bad, but it's not the quality you might anticipate for their price. They come with earplugs that do increase the bass you hear in your ear and are intended to wear in an environment where you can afford the isolation they provide. At max volume, they almost tickle your cheek, but have very little sound bleed to bother others nearby.

I got the Air model from Amazon and really like them, I can jam/podcast while I ride and still be aware of my surroundings. https://aftershokz.com/
    I just leave one bud out!
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Bose makes some sunglasses that just direct the sound into your ear...that may work.

I just stopped wearing earbuds all together. I got tired of wasting time looking for the right music, setting up the headphones...having to remember to plug them in...etc. yes I understand that's only a few minutes but I'm extremely impatient and workout to relax so I dont want any hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        I just leave one bud out!
        I tried that, it was too distracting. Go figure
        Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        Bose makes some sunglasses that just direct the sound into your ear...that may work.

I just stopped wearing earbuds all together. I got tired of wasting time looking for the right music, setting up the headphones...having to remember to plug them in...etc. yes I understand that's only a few minutes but I'm extremely impatient and workout to relax so I dont want any hassle.
        My FiL has some, but I'm unsure if they're water and sweat rated. I'm sure they make some, but Bose is a lil rich for my taste. Hell, even these Aftershokz were more than I've ever spent on headphones.

These pair instantly when you turn em on and they stay in place, despite activity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          I tried that, it was too distracting. Go figure

My FiL has some, but I'm unsure if they're water and sweat rated. I'm sure they make some, but Bose is a lil rich for my taste. Hell, even these Aftershokz were more than I've ever spent on headphones.

These pair instantly when you turn em on and they stay in place, despite activity.

Uncle has a pair, and actually sound pretty good. Just that everyone hears what you're listening too, but for riding it would work. I know ones he has is sweat proof and I know some models are waterproof. I'm like you except I only wear one of them at all times. I never put on both. I guess I have a phobia covering both ears...hahaha

I shit you not, all of my wired sets, I cut off the side that does not have the mic on. Of course they are the cheap ones that come with the phone. I do have a wireless set that wraps behind your neck, but I still only use one side..lol[/QUOTE]

Comment

Don’t the airpods pro let you dial back the suppression of noises around you?

Anyways, I’ve got some Beats Powerbeats Pro. It’s been a waste of money. The left one won’t charge half the time. When it does charge, it doesn’t connect to my phone or watch. Just a PITA.

Comment

Working...
            X