Ammo prices are absolutely insane right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    I have a case of 9mm and a case of 5.56 I'd be willing to sell FYI.
    send me a PM with details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      I feel like you could wait and maybe get lucky checking non-stop at those sites, or you could log into Gunbroker and purchase from a buy it now dealer @ .90/rd. You're going to pay that pretty much anywhere right now anyhow.
      I have been going into Bass Pro at grapevine and getting 9mm for 27c/rd and 556 for 60c/rd

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        I have been going into Bass Pro at grapevine and getting 9mm for 27c/rd and 556 for 60c/rd
        With limits?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
          With limits?
          5 boxes, or 8 boxes if you use your bass pro card.

They had a shit ton of Herters 9mm target rounds in 100rd boxes early this week, so i signed up for a Bass Pro Card and with the promotions that came with it, got 800 rounds for a song.

Wednesday i also picked up 2 150 round packs of M855 ammo for roughly 60-64c/rd i think. Might stop by later today to check if they have any more, but i was suprised to see how much they still had on their ammo carts past noon when Academy will be wiped out by 9am, or just have only like 5.45x39 left

Comment

They had a shit ton of Herters 9mm target rounds in 100rd boxes early this week, so i signed up for a Bass Pro Card and with the promotions that came with it, got 800 rounds for a song.

Wednesday i also picked up 2 150 round packs of M855 ammo for roughly 60-64c/rd i think. Might stop by later today to check if they have any more, but i was suprised to see how much they still had on their ammo carts past noon when Academy will be wiped out by 9am, or just have only like 5.45x39 left
            Well hopefully that’s a sign of recovery. I haven’t been to the big box stores in ages because I usually buy online in bulk, but smaller shops around me are either cleaned out or they have a select few calibers for .75-.90/ rd and online it’s $1 or over/rd.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I like Herters and want to shoot my 9mm SBR some. Guess I'll head there sometime next week and see if I can pull the same.

Comment

• I'm guessing the Academy nearest me open at 8:00. There was about 8 people out front of the store at around 7:50 this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                  $5 a round. No lowballers, i know what i have!!!!!!!!!
                  Good God is this correct? If so I'm looking to buy a shelby gt500 soon. I have a shit load of winchester ranger in 9mm +p and 45 also.

Alamo Ammo - Clearance Items Pistol Ammo Rifle Ammo Shotgun Ammo Cleaning Supplies Magazine Collectors Items Targets Primers Ammo, Gun Ammo, pistol Ammo, rifle Ammo, shotgun ammo, alamo ammo, alamoammo

Comment

• Never thought I'd be scrounging for .40. During the Obama panics, I could always find it. Not now.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      Never thought I'd be scrounging for .40. During the Obama panics, I could always find it. Not now.
                      SG just got some in. As a matter of fact they have tons of shit rolling in and prices are dropping. Just like last time, the fucking neck beards are hording and .22 will be the last to become readily available.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        SG just got some in. As a matter of fact they have tons of shit rolling in and prices are dropping. Just like last time, the fucking neck beards are hording and .22 will be the last to become readily available.
                        Since Walmart dipped out of the handgun ammo, there's only 2 real places to look for it store-wise: Academy and BPS Outdoors.

Online is still too expensive for my likings, especially when you throw in shipping. Since when was HG stuff almost a buck a round?!? Jeez.
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                          Since Walmart dipped out of the handgun ammo, there's only 2 real places to look for it store-wise: Academy and BPS Outdoors.

Online is still too expensive for my likings, especially when you throw in shipping. Since when was HG stuff almost a buck a round?!? Jeez.
                          Yeah I here ya. I have been watching the trend in pricing for a while since they send me emails. I just know they are slowly getting and keeping stock in and the prices are slightly dipping every week. Honestly I wish Academy and BPS would raise their prices until the market comes back. Some of the issue is people buying it out and reselling it. Take out the middle man and the stock levels would come back around. I know there were a shitload of guns sold but a lot of it is just the same ole same ole panic buying due to a initial shortage. Next year at this time I am betting on under 300 again for 1k of .223. I think there are a couple of ammo factories being built also.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Everything is getting more expensive. Feel kinda sorry for people retiring to find that their money is worth half what they planned for 20 and 30 years ago.
                            WH

Comment

• I shipped like 30 boxes of ammo to my cousin when I came down south, 41lbs worth of .300 PRC and 6.5 PRC. Made it from NC to Tyler, TX, then disappeared. To ship ammo, you have to put a sticker on it and I’m guessing somebody knew what it was and snagged it. The gun shop owner here in Alaska has said every shipment he has gotten in lately has been missing at least several cases.

Comment

• ORMD sticker is a dead giveaway combined with weighing like ammo.

Comment

Working...
                                X