Honest question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest question...

We all have them, seemingly intelligent friends we've know for years that just totally buy into what the media and left are feeding them. I am just blown away at how gullible and stupid people can be.
    Presenting facts only causes them to regurgitate the msm party line...

The question is, how the fuck do we get back to a "normal" society ?

Kill all the communists.

Comment

Man, I'm honestly afraid there is no going back.. I think the divide will continue to fester until some external force (economy, disaster, etc.) causes us to come together. Or, shit finally blows up in some kind of revolution / civil conflict..

I also think we're stuck with these fucking masks for the long term, or until corona gets under control / runs it's course.

And maybe I'm just a pessimist but I feel like it's just a matter of time before we find out the vaccine causes cancer or some shit, and humanity is fucked for real. Whether it's in 5 years or 20.

I'm just going to resume trying to enjoy life as much as possible, and be in the present, as I don't think things will ever go back to how 'they were'.

These are my doomsday predictions... Haha

Comment

I have some younger relatives, and one much older one, who pretty much buy into the MSM fodder. That being said I can still easily accept differing political opinions from my own, after all I used to be a liberal myself, lol.

My own doomsday fear is that an enemy of the U.S., either foreign or domestic, will successfully detonate a nuclear device on U.S. soil. That would crash the economy worse than COVID ever has so far.

Comment

my liberal friends fall into 2 categories . wealthy enough that the policies do not effect them too much , older friends from Colorado . Colorado has always been a gimmie state .
          the younger ones in my family bought into the bernie bullshit and have no future to speak of anyway . i ignore them and they stay the hell off the farm .
          what really pisses me off is a few of the car/paint sites i am a member of loose their minds if you mention politics , much less trump . one of my favorite paint users forums has a few snowflakes that meltdown . have had to just leave the site . use the ignore function ? oh hell no they are typical liberals wanting to control what is talked about .

Comment

Don't see it going back to normal, both sides continue to dig deeper and we will not have "unity" that they are pretending to call for. I'm just wondering what spark will be that sets it off. How long can the Rural/Right parts of the country continue to put up with Urban/Left. How long before people lose faith in the voting system and elected officials who no longer represent the average person?

I think we see a civil war in our lifetime unless some worldly threat comes along that we are forced to work together against. Maybe China as they come to be the THE new world power?
            1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
            1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
            2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
              How long before people lose faith in the voting system and elected officials who no longer represent the average person?
              Some time around last November. I just watched Ted Cruz's speed at CPAC and it's 100% propaganda. While it's nice to see someone openly mock liberals I'd rather see him talk about solutions instead of the same crap we heard for the last 4 years from the right.

The left controls the house, senate and executive branch. Attacking them isn't going to accomplish anything at this point. What I'd much rather see is him sitting down with Mitch McConnell, Bernie Sanders and Joe Manchin while they try to figure out a way to work together with the rest of the left and solve some problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                What I'd much rather see is him sitting down with Mitch McConnell, Bernie Sanders and Joe Manchin while they try to figure out a way to work together with the rest of the left and solve some problems.
                Not going to happen with several Democrats trying to have him and others removed for trying to dispute the election and/or "have them killed in a coup".

Don't see a unifying source coming from politics unless a 3rd party was somehow able to actually come about but establishment won't ever really allow that to happen. We might see turnover in next election cycle but don't really see it changing a lot in the big picture of things.
                1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

1. Take back control of the education system - stop teaching kids to hate America and that white people are racist.

2. Stop trying to save the world. Fix America first.

3. Limit welfare programs. Stop rewarding people for being baby factories.

4. End social media. It is a cancer to our society.

5. No more career politicians. They're in it to enrich themselves, their families and their elite friends at the expense of the average citizen like you and I.

6. Reform the two-party political system. It's been broken for years. It's no longer country-before-party. Politicians vote down party lines for fear of not being reelected or being chastised by the party leaders.

7. Shrink the federal government. Pork attached to every spending bill is destroying us.

8. Election integrity. Seemingly small but the appearance of cheating will drive people away from the polls and create even more division or distrust in the government.
                  Last edited by TX_92_Notch; 02-26-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Speed the train up. We’re not backing anything up or slowing anything down.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      We all have them, seemingly intelligent friends we've know for years that just totally buy into what the media and left are feeding them. I am just blown away at how gullible and stupid people can be.
                      Presenting facts only causes them to regurgitate the msm party line...

The question is, how the fuck do we get back to a "normal" society ?
                      You've got two sides that are 100% convinced they're right, and because they're right, the rules no longer apply to them, because if you have the moral high ground, the ends always justify the means. Both sides see the other as communist and the media is sure glad to stoke those feelings.

I don't see how we come back from it. I think the left is going to push until the right finally breaks and blood gets spilled. Then all hell breaks loose.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        You've got two sides that are 100% convinced they're right, and because they're right, the rules no longer apply to them, because if you have the moral high ground, the ends always justify the means. Both sides see the other as communist and the media is sure glad to stoke those feelings.

I don't see how we come back from it. I think the left is going to push until the right finally breaks and blood gets spilled. Then all hell breaks loose.
                        I fucking hate when each side trys to feign the moral high ground. It's ok to be piece of shit. Just embrace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Labora View Post
                          Not going to happen with several Democrats trying to have him and others removed for trying to dispute the election and/or "have them killed in a coup".
                          Has anyone whose not part of the Justice Democrats said that? AOC and her squad don't count, they are trained parrots saying whatever Saikat Chajrabarti's algorithms tells them.

Comment

It starts at home. Each and every one of us and those like us need to teach their kids a few things.

1) Change your own damn oil.
                            2) Respect those who deserve it beginning with your elders and women.
                            3) God is real. Faith is powerful. There is a heaven and hell. Choose wisely and pray often.
                            4) Help those around you when you can but remember, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
                            5) Someone always wants what you have, no matter where you are in the pecking order. Defend what is yours always.
                            6) Gun control means hitting what you aim at and nothing else.
                            7) Always have a backup plan and a getaway plan.
                            8) Never depend on someone else to give/leave you anything. Expect to earn your way at everything and any gifts are bonus.
                            9) The government is supposed to work for you, not the opposite.
                            10) History -- because those that cannot remember the past...

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

Comment

This question is especially confounding to me, who is squarely in the middle. Half of my friends are right wing conspiracy wackos (yes, that includes all of you guys) and the other half are pinko commie snowflakes. Both sides are easy to get along with until one of them takes it to the extreme, then I just roll my eyes and change the subject.

Politics and the media are full of shit, and the whole system is broken, but it's the best one there is, so I just grit my teeth and hang on.

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              1. Take back control of the education system - stop teaching kids to hate America and that white people are racist.

2. Stop trying to save the world. Fix America first.

3. Limit welfare programs. Stop rewarding people for being baby factories.

4. End social media. It is a cancer to our society.

5. No more career politicians. They're in it to enrich themselves, their families and their elite friends at the expense of the average citizen like you and I.

6. Reform the two-party political system. It's been broken for years. It's no longer country-before-party. Politicians vote down party lines for fear of not being reelected or being chastised by the party leaders.

7. Shrink the federal government. Pork attached to every spending bill is destroying us.

8. Election integrity. Seemingly small but the appearance of cheating will drive people away from the polls and create even more division or distrust in the government.
                              While I'm no expert, I think items 1-7 are a pipe dream. Only #8 has a chance to actually happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X