X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And they call me crazy....

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
      Dude, we know Jesus would not have been a Christian given that the religion started following his death.
      He didn't save himself!!!1one

Comment

No, he couldn't save Himself because by taking on the sins and shortcomings of all mankind He therefore had to die and be forgiven by God just like the rest of us. This being my take from the New Testament.

Comment

Dude, we know Jesus would not have been a Christian given that the religion started following his death.
          You would be shocked how many people I say that to who don't believe me. In my twenties I went to a Bible study class with a woman that I was dating and the teacher told her that he had visited the exact spot where the Bible was written. There are so many clueless ass hats in churches that it makes your head spin when you get them talking.

You would also be surprised to find out that there is not a single instance in all of literature prior to the 4th century that mentions Jesus being born from a virgin.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Earth will die on its own and we will parish into a black hole. Some of us will be taken to another planet by aliens. Earth will be just another rock like all the other empty planets.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              You would be shocked how many people I say that to who don't believe me. In my twenties I went to a Bible study class with a woman that I was dating and the teacher told her that he had visited the exact spot where the Bible was written. There are so many clueless ass hats in churches that it makes your head spin when you get them talking.

You would also be surprised to find out that there is not a single instance in all of literature prior to the 4th century that mentions Jesus being born from a virgin.
              Consider the Bible in an analogy to the U.S. Constitution. Do the Amendments to the Constitution negate the original Articles therein? They do not. In the Bible itself, does the New Testament negate the Old Testament? It does not.

Comment

Consider the Bible in an analogy to the U.S. Constitution. Do the Amendments to the Constitution negate the original Articles therein? They do not. In the Bible itself, does the New Testament negate the Old Testament? It does not.
                I spent five years in seminary dude. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. What I'm saying is millions of people who profess to be Christians have absolutely no idea what their religion even is.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If you are Christian, then the new testaments abosultely supersedes the old testaments.

Comment

I spent five years in seminary dude. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying. What I'm saying is millions of people who profess to be Christians have absolutely no idea what their religion even is.

Good grief. Is there anything that you haven’t done? You’re either an epic liar or you should be in a Dos Equis commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      If you are Christian, then the new testaments abosultely supersedes the old testaments.
                      Not correct, the New Testament is the fulfillment of the Old Testament.

Comment

Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          Good grief. Is there anything that you haven’t done? You’re either an epic liar or you should be in a Dos Equis commercial.
                          LOL Someone dig up the link to the SVO website that randomly generated one of his tales. In a few years when Elon takes people to Mars, SVO will be able to say he was there back in '97 or something.

Comment

Maybe you seminary guys can explain how Jesus is his own person, yet is also God, 100%. As his own person he says stuff like "nobody knows the hour or the day (no angels know) not even me, the Son, only the Father." And as God he does all the miracles, healings, mind readings, knows stuff about ppl like that lady at the well that at the moment she is with some dude, but also has an estranged husband. It's like he's an abbreviated version of God Wait. I think I just figured something out. He said something about "don't touch me, I haven't ascended to the Father yet."

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              And they call me crazy....
                              No, they call you lazy

We had a guy like that at my old job. We started keeping track of all the places he said he'd worked, and for how long. Turns out he was 212 years old. And that's only after we started keeping track. He was probably a lot older than that.
                              WH

Comment

All young Mormon men go to Seminary. I did it in preparation of going on my 2-year mission. Fortunately I left the church immediately after finishing Seminary and never went on a mission.

Mormon men going on a mission is the reason J Edgar Hoover heavily recruited Mormons for the FBI.

Comment

Working...
                                X