Congrats to AMP (and Sam) for getting internet famous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
    I don't either. With all the joking about it , it makes it feel like AMP was in on it and not just the actions of an off the clock employee.
    I'm not convinced of that, but I think they're backing the wrong horse with standing by the idiot that tried to pull a fast one.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Its definitely cringe worthy. Joke or not it was never touched on if he was allowed to remove the oil filter in the first place. Maybe that is standard practice between shops as far as a pre-buy inspection goes?

Comment

Fuckin dead..........

Comment

It is a huge mistake to not fire both of these idiots immediately. Joke or not.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            It is a huge mistake to not fire both of these idiots immediately. Joke or not.
            If he was in on it in any way it turns into a wrongful termination lawsuit. There's not many ways out if he had any part in it at all.

And that's exactly why I dont buy the bullshit joke excuse

Comment

Sounds like the guy at Driven knew they were dirt bags, set them up to own their asses. Props to driven.

Comment

Sams my friend but damn this doesn't look good at all for him
                RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

The article said that Sam stated that it was just the guy going to look at a car for his own personal interest rather than for AMP. Is no one buying that?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                    The article said that Sam stated that it was just the guy going to look at a car for his own personal interest rather than for AMP. Is no one buying that?
                    Sure, but he was given more access than other customers because he was an industry insider. He took advantage of that to try and get a good deal. I would buy the prank angle if he hadn't been the one to bring up price, or if he had apologized and claimed it was a prank before he was busted. As it sits, it's just damning.

EDIT: I am willing to be wrong about it.
                    Last edited by YALE; 08-12-2018, 04:55 PM.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't know anyone involved, as an outsider, once Sam tried to negotiate a price on the "damaged" vehicle, this tells me this was a scam, not a joke.

As soon as Driven had seen the shavings and started freaking out, thats when you say " I'm just fucking with you" if this was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        I don't know either or any of these people. If it were MY shop and one of my guys did some shady shit that brought me heat, his ass would be fired as quick as I could.. Auto business is pretty finicky when it comes to reputation. I could say shady paint shop and the old school guys here know what shop Im talking about. Bad reputations don't die quick.

Comment

what I find strange was how they even left this guy alone to check the car out in the first place no supervision at all?
                          RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Originally posted by OMEGA DOOM View Post
                            what I find strange was how they even left this guy alone to check the car out in the first place no supervision at all?
                            My thought is they could trust someone they've been doing business with for awhile. I hate doing it, but sometimes you just have to trust some people not to bend you over.

Comment

There is a quote from The Dirty Dozen that fits here. "But you only made one mistake. You let somebody see you do it".

Someone does something stupid that makes my business look bad, they're gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                Someone does something stupid that makes my business look bad, they're gone.
                                Most places now have "morality" and "bad media" clauses as part of their handbooks.

and since Texas is an at-will state a lawsuit is a waste

Comment

Working...
                                X