tamales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I must not have got your text message....
    Haha!

It was a "lets go pick up some tamales" spur of the moment decision.

Besides I was with the wifey, I can't be bringing her around a stud muffin like you, I might lose her...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Fair enough!

Comment

• Kinda bummed. We’ve eaten probably half of the 12 dozen, and the dozen that we thawed and opened yesterday had some mold on them. Just a couple of spots on the end, but enough to kinda gross us out. Honestly, I had noticed a few small black spots on the earlier batches, but told myself it was just something else. On this last batch, the spots were a little bigger, and clearly mold. These were frozen when we we got them, and they went straight into the deep freeze downstairs, which stays well below zero. They take 2.5 full days to thaw in the fridge and yesterday was day 3, so I don’t know why these have mold. We’ve never had any issues with anything else, so I really think these probably had mold when they were shipped.

The mold spots were just on the ends, and we cut that off and ate them anyway, and we’re still alive. They still taste good! Not sure if I’ll do that again, though. Grosses us out just a little.

Comment

• Damn that sucks Jared!

Comment

• Mold just helps build your immune system.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
              Kinda bummed. We’ve eaten probably half of the 12 dozen, and the dozen that we thawed and opened yesterday had some mold on them. Just a couple of spots on the end, but enough to kinda gross us out. Honestly, I had noticed a few small black spots on the earlier batches, but told myself it was just something else. On this last batch, the spots were a little bigger, and clearly mold. These were frozen when we we got them, and they went straight into the deep freeze downstairs, which stays well below zero. They take 2.5 full days to thaw in the fridge and yesterday was day 3, so I don’t know why these have mold. We’ve never had any issues with anything else, so I really think these probably had mold when they were shipped.

The mold spots were just on the ends, and we cut that off and ate them anyway, and we’re still alive. They still taste good! Not sure if I’ll do that again, though. Grosses us out just a little.
              Use gringos call those dry aged tamales.

Comment

Working...
              X