Video editing tips? Video included.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video editing tips? Video included.

Just started video editing. Is there any tips or certain software or apps that are the best? https://youtu.be/-T-hG19TS6Y

One of the easier ones is Adobe Premiere. You can get the light version for about $70 and it will do all you want..

Comment

Thank you dcs13. There are just so many after going through a few of the free ones and seeing how much I don't like about each one. I really don't want to spend a fortune and it not be something I like so thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

Yeah, theres a ton out there. Most windows PC's come with movie maker installed. I haven't messed with that much though, but you might see if its on your machine.
        Now if you wanna get crazy, get a MAC and go with Final Cut Pro.. They edit movies on that shit. I have a light version of that too, but its learning curve is a little more than the Adobe Premiere.
        Post up your edits, we love video..

Comment

I've only got 26 videos so far and some are just little clips of us fishing, playing mario Kart with the kids, or goofing off with the wife. Just type in Krazy fins on YouTube and they are all on there.
          Last edited by krazy kris; 07-01-2018, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Wait, wife videos. post up!

Comment

��

Comment

I use adobe premier pro. You can get it via a subscription service through adobe. It also allows you to use all of their other programs(photoshop, audition, and a bunch of other shit youll never use). If you say your a student you can get it half off. something like $25/month. I started off using Adobe Premier Elements. It has 3 different formats to shoose from. There's easy/quick, intermediate, and expert. If you're not planning on doing a bunch of b roll and editing tricks then Elements would be great/ There's plenty of tutorials on YouTube about it and theres tons of features with the program. Justin (The Good Of The Land Youtube Channel) uses power director and likes it.
                As far as editing-make surew you copy the videos from your phone to a folder on your computer. I started off editing the files from my phone and it takes a huge amount of time. Then once you unplug your phone the editing software doesnt know where any of the files are from. Open your editing software, drag your videos from that folder onto the area in the editing software(it'll say something like "import media"). Then drag the first video onto the timeline. Use the razor/sciccosr tool to cut out the crap you dont want. When your done with the first clip drag the second one over and repeat. When your done go to the top and find "export file".
                Check out some YouTube vids. Search for stuff like "Get started with Premier Elements/Premier Pro/ Power Director. Then just follow along with the video while you edit.

Comment

Thanks Stephen!

Comment

Wondershare filmora is a super cheap and really easy option with a fair amount of power. It has a large library of custom overlays, transitions, effects...etc. the biggest weakness is the screen recording quality being reduced to drive you to purchase their screen recorder.

When I do screen cast lessons and tutorials i use screen cast o matic. It's high quality and very efficient but limited application.

Comment

Working...
                    X