• Show
Clear All

• Go fuck yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
      Touche....
      I edited my post a bit, sorry.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        I edited my post a bit, sorry.
        Me too, sorry

Comment

• lol

Comment

• Didn't even have to use my AK.... too bad I've felt like shit lately and have no desire to have one...

Comment

• Great smoke.

Comment

• I was given 5 Cubans about a year ago that I out in Tupperware because my humidors were full. I put some heartfelt beads and a digital hydrometer inthere with them. Yesterday I found it (I moved the week I got them and forgot I had them) they show 70% humidity and they still feel good not dried out. What are the chances they are actually still good?

Comment

• 50-50

Comment

• I love me a good Kubakuba.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      Didn't even have to use my AK.... too bad I've felt like shit lately and have no desire to have one...

How's that man O war??
                      sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                      🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                        I was given 5 Cubans about a year ago that I out in Tupperware because my humidors were full. I put some heartfelt beads and a digital hydrometer inthere with them. Yesterday I found it (I moved the week I got them and forgot I had them) they show 70% humidity and they still feel good not dried out. What are the chances they are actually still good?
                        If they have managed to stay at 70% then they are good to go.

Since I've wanted to talk a bit about this topic for a while, I snapped a few photos of some of my stuff. I only took pictures of some of my older examples, I have a sizable quantity of 2010-newer Cuban cigars in my humidor. I enjoy Cuban cigars not so much for their mystique but for the fact that no other country, not even Nicaragua where the fickle Cuban tobacco seed can grow, offers the flavor profile and aroma of a quality Habanos. Bar-none, my top-3 favorite cigars are all Cuban and it's just simply because of their aroma, complex flavor profiles, construction, power and finish. They are the Cohiba Behike 54, Juan Lopez Seleccion #2 and the Bolivar Royal Corona (and not necessarily in that order). No other country produces anything that can compare to one of those 3 how, once I was finished, it could make me sit dumbfounded at how terrific the cigar was. Period, end of story there.

As for average Joe and the Cuban cigar, I definitely appreciate the cool factor to smoking one... even if you're not a frequent cigar smoker. There's a certain sense of badassery for folks to being able to say they had a great Cuban cigar on a trip, or their brother snuck in a box of Cuban cigars from Cancun, etc... it's almost a sense of validation in a way, like a cigar smoker's rite of passage to say "hey, I've had a Cuban cigar". Shit, it's the reason I bought my first few singles off a collector I knew! Nowadays, for me, they're just one country's product that I find very enjoyable. I try my best to enjoy them in moderation, like a treat. If the awesomeness wore off of a 2011 box date Juan Lopez #2 I might lose hope in humanity as a whole!

Anyways, back to the post.

The dates on the following samples are correct, as there's a large market for vintage/aged Cuban cigars and I can get a hold of older aged Cuban stuff whenever I want to make my wallet cry. I personally have a smaller collection of the aged cigars simply because I find the older Cuban smokes to have lost some of their power... I appreciate what a complex, strong Habanos offers and after 10-12 years most of the ones I've had (and being able to compare them to recent offerings often) have certainly mellowed. Now, taste-wise, I have a variety that are absolutely fantastic and have 'mellowed' into a real treasure. They may lack the power of their younger versions, sure, but they make up for it by being absolute flavor bombs. Here's a few that I will be sad when I have the smoked the last of...

Punch Royal Selection, December 2000:

August 2000 box of Punch Double Coronas:

Pair of March 1997 Partagas Petit Coronas:

In terms of Cuban cigars, my opinion hopefully makes some sense. Really though I hope somebody enjoyed this post, I enjoyed writing it
                        Last edited by DON SVO; 01-02-2015, 10:48 PM.
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

• yeah i agree. the only cuban ive had that i actually enjoyed and noticed a huge difference on was a trinidad limitada i forget which year. it was the absolute best cigar i have ever had. i was at work with a lot of time to kill one day when it was offered to me so i knocked it out there. had i known it was going to be so good i would have waited til i was at home where i could knock out a glass of whiskey with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            yeah i agree. the only cuban ive had that i actually enjoyed and noticed a huge difference on was a trinidad limitada i forget which year. it was the absolute best cigar i have ever had. i was at work with a lot of time to kill one day when it was offered to me so i knocked it out there. had i known it was going to be so good i would have waited til i was at home where i could knock out a glass of whiskey with it.
                            The Ingenios was the only recent Trinidad that can be found without spending a piss-load. Still a $30-40 cigar though. I am a HUGE fan of the Trinidad Reyes, that's a stout little fucker.
                            dont downshift!!

Comment

The Ingenios was the only recent Trinidad that can be found without spending a piss-load. Still a $30-40 cigar though. I am a HUGE fan of the Trinidad Reyes, that's a stout little fucker.
                              if i remember correctly it was the 2007 - Edición Limitada. it was around 2008 when i had it.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                                if i remember correctly it was the 2007 - Edición Limitada. it was around 2008 when i had it.
                                The only cigar that has made me vomit(although the first cigar I smoked with Don got me close)...the last part of this cigar is a beast. I have another in my humidor...I'm gonna wait a bit to give it another try.

Comment

Working...
                                X