Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    Yes I would also like to see some pics.

This is something I was concerned about, simply for storage reasons. I'd like to store a bunch of crap in my attic, but I am a bit concerned about putting too much weight up there.

Most garage ceilings are not designed to carry load. They are simply designed to span the distance between walls and hold the load of the drywall. We tell all of our homeowners that their garage attic is not intended for storage and any use in such manner can/will void any and all related warranty.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Are you in a MUD district? If so, reach out to them.
      I don't believe so. We have ZERO city provided services. No streets, no street lights, no sewer, no drainage, no water. Past our gate is all private property, I don't even think police can enforce speed limits or stopping at stop signs (which are not city provided or regulation for DOT)
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        I don't believe so. We have ZERO city provided services. No streets, no street lights, no sewer, no drainage, no water. Past our gate is all private property, I don't even think police can enforce speed limits or stopping at stop signs (which are not city provided or regulation for DOT)
        Sounds like my kind of place!!

Comment

Most garage ceilings are not designed to carry load. They are simply designed to span the distance between walls and hold the load of the drywall. We tell all of our homeowners that their garage attic is not intended for storage and any use in such manner can/will void any and all related warranty.

You say garage... that makes me want to ask about the rest of the attic, over the rest of the house. Doesn't seem like it would be any different. But as we're all aware, people stuff all kinds of stuff up in the attic.
          WH

Comment

You say garage... that makes me want to ask about the rest of the attic, over the rest of the house. Doesn't seem like it would be any different. But as we're all aware, people stuff all kinds of stuff up in the attic.
            90% of the plans I build have BARELY enough attic space for the mechanicals! Either way, the other attic spaces would be the same way. We do have a couole of plans that have walk in attic spaces that have I joists due to their location. That would of coyrse support a load, however, there is typically some sort of electric wiring or duct work in those spaces

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

90% of the plans I build have BARELY enough attic space for the mechanicals! Either way, the other attic spaces would be the same way. We do have a couole of plans that have walk in attic spaces that have I joists due to their location. That would of coyrse support a load, however, there is typically some sort of electric wiring or duct work in those spaces

So could the joists be added later, so that you'd have enough support to use it as storage? Seems like they could, but I know little of house building.
              WH

Comment

So could the joists be added later, so that you'd have enough support to use it as storage? Seems like they could, but I know little of house building.
                They could. It all depends on how everything is laid out, the spans, the available height for the I joists or lam beams. In an ideal scenario you have a system engineered to fit the parameters of the space and your needs.

In reality, if you are looking for additional storage space for your Christmas ornaments or off season clothes, you will be fine.

If you want to start a transmission shop in your garage and store cores in the attic, you need an engineer!

Comment

Working...
                X