MDFI's Foundation Carbine & Long Gun Cover and Movement 12/1 - 12/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDFI's Foundation Carbine & Long Gun Cover and Movement 12/1 - 12/2

Anyone interested in going to these classes? They're out in Cresson which is about an hour fifteen minutes from Dallas. Jose and I took a class with Trek earlier this year and get a good time. You can do one or both, cost is $250 each. I think we're both planning to take both classes.

Foundation Carbine

DESCRIPTION:
    Class flow: MODERATE (students can expect full day of shooting and weapon manipulation from a static line)
    Foundation Carbine is designed to stress the importance of proper weapon manipulation and shooting techniques. The goal of this MDFI Foundation class is to build a strong and efficient foundation regarding the proper use and manipulation of the Carbine as a defensive tool. Without a strong foundation, any additional training is wasted time. This class will prepare students for our "Advanced" level classes and is a mandatory prerequisite to move on with the MDFI curriculum.

WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
    This class is for students who understand the fundamentals of marksmanship, live by the four-life safety rules of firearms handling, and are looking to learn to use the rifle/carbine as a defensive tool.

TOPICS COVERED:
    • The Whole Person Concept
    • Rifle Zero Confirmation
    • Shooting Techniques
    • The Threat Engagement Process
    • Carbine Manipulation
    • Ammunition Management
    • Stoppage/Malfunction Actions
    • Transitions to Handgun
    • MDFI Foundation Carbine Qualifier

REQUIREMENTS:
    Sighted-In Semi-Auto Rifle/Carbine
    (Rifles that accept AR-15 or AK style magazines are most common, but we can work with you on any type)
    400 Rounds of Ammunition
    3 Magazines
    Magazine Carrier
    (To fit your role of the firearm: pants pocket, belt pouch, chest rig, etc.)
    Handgun with Holster (See FAQ for allowed types of holsters)
    50 Rounds of Handgun Ammunition
    Eye + Ear Protection

RECOMMENDATIONS:
    Quality Rifle Sling
    Appropriate Clothing for Weather
    Sunscreen / Insect Repellent
    Folding Canopy, Table and/or Chair
    Snacks + Drink for 8 Hours of Training

PRE-REQUISITES:
    Valid Concealed Weapon License / Law Enforcement Credentials (if you do not have either, email us for instructions).
    Must have working operational knowledge of the firearm you bring to class (i.e know how to load/unload safely).
    MUST KNOW, UNDERSTAND AND APPLY THE FOUR FIREARM LIFE-SAFETY RULES AT ALL TIMES. See video below.

Long Gun Cover + Movement

DESCRIPTION:

Class flow: INTENSE (students can expect full day of movement and physicality in this course)

It would be great if we could always have sure-footing underneath us at all times when we need to make the perfect shot. It would be great if bad guys stood out in the open with Nerf-guns as their only weapons. Real-life isn’t so easy and for that reason, we need to use our environment to our advantage. This class will prepare students to use make the most of movement and cover while achieving needed hits on target.

WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?

Long Gun Cover + Movement is designed for the shooter who is confident and competent with shooting fundamentals AND weapon manipulation of their shotgun or rifle and handgun. This class is for the intermediate to experienced shooter who understands and applies the four firearm safety rules as a way of life. This class is physically stressful and will test those who attend.

TOPICS COVERED:
    • The Whole Person Concept
    • Movement Techniques
    • Shooting on the Move
    • Movement to Cover
    • Cover / Concealment Discussion
    • Use of Cover

REQUIREMENTS:

LONG GUN (either a Rifle/Carbine or Shotgun)
    Sighted-In Semi-Auto Rifle/Carbine
    (Rifles that accept AR-15 or AK style magazines are most common, but we can work with you on almost any type)
    500 Rounds of Rifle Ammunition
    3 Magazines
    -- or --
    Patterned / Sighted-In Pump / Semi-Automatic Shotgun
    200 Rounds of Buckshot and/or Slugs
    15 Rounds of lead birdshot
    Pouch or Carrier for Shotgun Ammo
    Eye + Ear Protection

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Knee Pads
    Quality Rifle Sling
    Clothing You Don't Mind Getting Dirty / Damaged
    Appropriate Clothing for Weather
    Sunscreen / Insect Repellent
    Folding Canopy, Table and/or Chair
    Snacks + Drink for 8 Hours of Training

PRE-REQUISITES:

MDFI Foundation Carbine/Shotgun (depending on what you're using) or equivalent (email us for approval if a non-MDFI class)
    Valid Concealed Weapon License or Law Enforcement Credentials (if you do not have either, email us for instructions).
    Must have working operational knowledge of the firearm you bring to class (i.e know how to load/unload safely).
    MUST KNOW, UNDERSTAND AND APPLY THE FOUR FIREARM LIFE-SAFETY RULES AT ALL TIMES. See video below.
    YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO PASS THE MDFI FOUNDATION CARBINE OR SHOTGUN QUALIFIER AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS. For target qualification, click here (instructions on page 2).

I should be in but won't know for certain till the date gets closer. Should be a good weekend of training as long as the weather cooperates.

And just a heads up on the below carbine class that I'm signed up for this Saturday.

Comment

Sounds like a good time. I will check back later this fall and go for sure if work allows. And my next rifle purchases are going to be an aero M5 build and an MP5 clone or even and SP5K.

Comment

Working...
      X