No announcement yet.

My Remodel Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is far from perfect. I learned quite a bit. Ultimately, to plan out the pattern better! That caused quite a few headaches. The niches also are not perfect, primarily at the top. They ended up at slightly different heights after tile, and led to funky cuts along the top, which could have been avoided with slightly better planning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• After taking my first shower in the new shower, some notes for anyone wanting to tackle this project:

Make sure the shower base is level. I rushed it and I think the end opposite the drain is a bit low. Causing the floor of the shower to be level or with SLIGHT fall towards the drain. Water stands in the base for a bit. How to prevent it, float the floor level before setting the pan. This particular pan is designed to sit directly on the slab. If you have a base designed to be set in concrete to level it, just make sure it is level.

Double check shower valve and head height. We use a removable shower head/wand. I set the shower head at standard height, however, once the wand was installed it is about 6" too high. The wife may have trouble using it. I either measured from the top of the shower base and not the floor, or it is simply the wand making it seem too tall.

Shower niches are about 1 tile too high. It is not inconvenient, or too high to use, it simply feels a bit too high. Also, be sure to do ALL of the math when planning the niches. I focused primarily on making sure all of the shampoo bottles would fit, height wise. I didn't plab correctly for the tile pattern and that left me with the funky cuts at the top, and ultimately they ended up uneven along the top.

All in all, this is in the top 3 best areas in our home to be renovated/remodeled.

I still need to re-tile the floor, fix the drywall and paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Looks good, the minor issues you mention are mainly because you did the work and notice all of the imperfections. I know on previous remodels I did, that I had similar issues that drove me nuts but no one else noticed. All in all, job well done! I have 2 bathrooms I want to redo at my current place. I have been putting them off because I know its a lot of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
          Looks good, the minor issues you mention are mainly because you did the work and notice all of the imperfections. I know on previous remodels I did, that I had similar issues that drove me nuts but no one else noticed. All in all, job well done! I have 2 bathrooms I want to redo at my current place. I have been putting them off because I know its a lot of work.
          My wife tells me this all of the time. I also noticed a lot of holes in the grout that needed to be taken care of.

If you are doing a full gut and reno in a small space, it isn't a big deal. If you are trying to work around existing fixtures, it is a PITA. I would have been done LONG ago if work wasn't so busy. 12 Hr days and 1/2 days on Saturdays make it tough to find the energy to devote to finishing projects.

Comment

• I know it, time is my biggest issue. My first house I had plenty of time, and no kiddos yet, so I remodeled the entire house. Wasn't too difficult, just time consuming and a lot of learning curves.

Comment

• It’s definitely because you did it. It looks great! And if anyone judges, kick them the fuck out! Lol
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X