Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you have lights on your conceal carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I guess I'm in the minority here. I always try to have a light on my person regardless of the time of day I CCW. How I carry the light depends on the situation.

If I'm carrying during the day and think I might be indoors or out past sunset I'll carry without my Streamlight TLR-1s mounted and I'll pocket my Surefire E1B.

Holster is a Bravo Concealment Patriot holster with a 10ยบ cant, The Wilderness mag carrier, Corbon 185 gr. +P .45 ACP, and my Surefire E1B. The holster I can configure it to be carried IWB or OWB.

If I'm heading out and it's already dark, I'll pack my Springfield Armory Lightweight Champion Operator with a Streamlight TLR-1s.

Holster is a Bravo Concealment RTT holster with no cant.

With the Bravo Concealment holsters, I have 4 different ways I can configure it with belt loops, soft belt loops, belt clips, and pancake style belt loops. There easy enough to swap around and although I spent about $40 extra over the holsters, I liked trying out the different options.

Some misc. unmodified pictures I took with my Samsung Galaxy S5 tonight.

The way I see it, I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Drawing with or without the light is not that much different. The weight is noticeable different with the light mounted. But hell it's a 1911 so it's not exactly paper clip weight to begin with either. The other think I would like to point out is that with the light mounted, I have a free hand available to call 911 while still having the light on. Sure you could probably do it while holding a flashlight on the non gun hand but it's not that easy without using voice commands or what not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
        And just who the fuck do you think you are? Do you wear tactical arm tape? Too many costa videos?

LOL
        You must want to be in a gunfight. Too bad pistol training is useless
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I understand you both feel disrespected by the previous thread where people were making fun of you. But this isn't that thread, and I'm a little sick of the butthurt seeping into each thread. Time to move past that and start contributing to the forum.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I understand you both feel disrespected by the previous thread where people were making fun of you. But this isn't that thread, and I'm a little sick of the butthurt seeping into each thread. Time to move past that and start contributing to the forum.
            Lol, that's mostly on Alex and Patrick.
            2012 GT500

Comment

No, but I carry one of these...

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Amen sister!

Comment

Those of you with lights on your gun practice low light shooting right? Not to be a smartass but with what I do at work I'm searching houses low light 8-10x a day and it's definitely something that needs to be practiced.

Comment

No lights..

Should have just made it a poll.

Comment

I have a CTC Laser on my G22. But that is only carried in the Winter and it is grip activated.

My 1911's are 100% factory original.

Comment

Working...
                        X