Milled Arsenal AK47

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milled Arsenal AK47

Just wondering what the value is on a used Milled Arsenal AK47 in excellent condition. Not to familar with AK47's. What is the difference between milled & stamped? Is one worth more than the other? Have someone who wants to trade for one of my hunting rifles.

Milled is thicker and heavier than stamped, but for recreational use, it really does not matter. I would prefer stamped, just because of the weight. Generally speaking, milled is more expensive than stamped.

Arsenal is well known in the AK world, and they are regarded pretty high. I know their stamped AK conversions go for $1000 plus. New milled Arsenal AK's go for $2000 ish. Do you happen to know what Arsenal variety it is? SAM 7 then some letters or numbers afterward? That would help in giving you a more accurate value.

Comment

It's a SA 93. Not sure if that helps the value or not.

Comment

stamped starts out as a flat piece of 18 gauge steel and it's pressed and bent into the shape of a receiver. It's cheaper and lighter. It's also flimsier. These are AKM's.

milled starts out as a solid block of billet steel. A milling machine removes all the material leaving behind a solid machined (milled) receiver. These are much more time/money intensive and heavier. They are also stronger. These are AK-47's.

Most parts do not interchange between a milled and stamped receiver, they are for the most part different guns. Milled guns are worth more and are considered "better."

$2000 maybe if it was NIB during the prev scare. I would expect to pay $800-1100 for one.
        Last edited by CJ; 09-17-2014, 05:52 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Whatever Cj thinks you can tack on an extra $500. Everybody knows he is a cheap ass!

Comment

Im a buyer at 1k. pm me if you want to sell it. a man can never have too many ak47s!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
              It's a SA 93. Not sure if that helps the value or not.
              IIRC, that is their 100% Bulgy made import. Excellent AK. Not sure what you are trading, but I would jump on that SA93 in a heartbeat if you are getting it for anywhere close to $1200 in trade value. It is a great AK, and they are getting harder and harder to find. At least the 100% made Bulgy's are.

Comment

Guy swapped out the wood furniture for something else but still has the stock wood furniture. It was purchased from a gun show. I have a Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker 308 with a Minox ZA5 3-15X42MM Scope to trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                  Guy swapped out the wood furniture for something else but still has the stock wood furniture. It was purchased from a gun show. I have a Browning X-Bolt Stainless Stalker 308 with a Minox ZA5 3-15X42MM Scope to trade.
                  So you have about $1300-$1400 worth in your rifle, so it pretty much an even swap IMHO.

Here's the deal, and this is what would make my mind up for me. It is getting harder and harder to get 100% Bulgy imports. AK's now have US made barrels and/or receivers. CJ can correct me on this because he is much more knowledgeable on AKs and I trust him, but you can always get another Browning 308. You may not always be able to get a 100% Bulgy milled AK. And the SA93 is one of the best AKs out there.

I would make the trade, but like I said, CJ and some others may have a different view. I am a big fan of AKs, but my knowledge of them pales in comparison to some of the other folks on this board.

Comment

That Browning you have is a damn nice rifle, btw.

Comment

The last few SA93's I have seen sold went for around $800-1100. The last one I saw sell for $900 on gunbroker and that was about three months ago. They are good guns, no doubt. However, you can build milled guns for much cheaper. That's not everyone's cup of tea, but it is an option. If you like the gun, trade for it. They're not going to disappear, it's just the opportunity cost for you. From a realistic use perspective, that browning is much more versatile. The AK is more for collecting. AK's are good fun guns to collect, but accuracy wise they are limited by their poor sights, no matter how nice they are. If you don't mind losing the browning and you have several guns that fill that role, not a bad idea. If it's your hunting gun, probably not a good idea.
                      Last edited by CJ; 09-18-2014, 02:23 PM.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Thanks fellas for the advice and help. I think I will hold onto my Browning. It's pretty much in like new condition with only a few rounds down the pipe to sight it in. I don't hunt with it, instead I hunt with my LMT 308 or AR chambered in 6.8 spc. The Browning is a very nice rifle and have no problem holding onto it.

Comment

I don't think you could have made a wrong decision here....both are excellent weapons for their purpose. I have never regretted keeping a rifle or pistol, but I have regretted the hell out of some of the ones I have traded or sold.

Comment

Working...
                          X