Dead wireless router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead wireless router?

Came home the other day and had a power outage. Now I can't my wireless back. I have a provided cable modem that I plug the router into.

The router is Lynksys e4200
    I've rebooted several times, I've pulled the power plugs to everything and let it sit for an hour. I've run Ipconfig /release and /renew, I've called tech support (charter)

If I plug my pc directly into the cable modem I get internet.
    If I plug the wireless router into the other network port. it can see the router is hooked up but no access.
    when I hook the wireless into the cable modem, and the pc into wireless I can admin into the wireless and everything acts normal except the router cant see the internet. I've run the reset tool, and release and renew tools.
    I've swapped cable orders and used different cable

Any ideas?

Have you tried hitting it?

Can you delete the SSID and create a new one, see if there are some fucked up settings in it?

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      Have you tried hitting it?

Can you delete the SSID and create a new one, see if there are some fucked up settings in it?

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-a...icleNum=135794
      It wont even connect through physical cabling for me to worry about that.

Comment

Sounds like it's hosed. I've got a stack of a few dead wireless routers that died after "storms" before I started hooking them up through my UPS. Knock on wood, haven't had an issue yet with mine since I did that.

Comment

Sounds like you've taken all the right steps.

That's why you plug in your all of your network | computer | A/V gear into a UPS. It took me once to lose a motherboard to start investing in UPS equipment.(e.g., CyberPower, APC) Never happened again.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
            Sounds like you've taken all the right steps.

That's why you plug in your all of your network | computer | A/V gear into a UPS. It took me once to lose a motherboard to start investing in UPS equipment.(e.g., CyberPower, APC) Never happened again.
            I'm a little hard headed

Comment

Working...
            X