Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Windows Update

Howdy Everyone!!!!!!!!

Windows did a massive update for me today. I noticed a "few" changes when it was done. My desktop background was change to a windows default and the custom image was removed. Windows Edge icon installed on the desktop. The new look of the task view button.

But the most important one, my volume was drastically changed. I now have it up 3x to 4x higher then it was before the update to hear the same thing as before. Anyone got any suggestions to resolve this?

Thanks
    Jonathan

See, I thought I was imagining things and that all the years of workin in loud environments had finally started to take its toll.

Comment

Another issue I just found out about, you have to allow access to use your microphone in windows for certain programs now.

Comment

That should always have been the case, not the old permissions system of default allow.

Comment

The volume and volume mixer on windows 10 has been acting funny for me recently, not sure if it's related..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            The volume and volume mixer on windows 10 has been acting funny for me recently, not sure if it's related..
            Audio didn't work for me. Rebooted and it's good now, but am getting all these bogus "you just plugged into the front jack" messages even though notifications in the audio manager are turned off.

Comment

I was wondering why I had no sound on one site.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Audio didn't work for me. Rebooted and it's good now, but am getting all these bogus "you just plugged into the front jack" messages even though notifications in the audio manager are turned off.
                Crazy!.. One thing happening to me is that when I have nothing plugged in it tells me I'm using my headphones, when I plug my headphones in, it says I'm using my built-in speakers.. Mainly goofy stuff like that.

@kingjason - I have had some issues with certain sites, but can correct it by opening the mixer.. Just sucks that I have to take extra steps when it used to work fine just using the master volume.

Comment

It sounds like this is an updated/changed driver in the latest roll-up that's affecting the audio adapter. Check your OEM for the most current, supported driver, not just what M$ deems you should be using. My mobo OEM listed a driver that's NOT what Win Updated applied. Gonna try it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                    It sounds like this is an updated/changed driver in the latest roll-up that's affecting the audio adapter. Check your OEM for the most current, supported driver, not just what M$ deems you should be using. My mobo OEM listed a driver that's NOT what Win Updated applied. Gonna try it now.
                    Ok, so if I have a Lenovo y520, I should check with them for the correct driver?

Thanks!

ETA.. Hell, now I'm noticing issues with my work laptop (HP on Windows 7 Enterprise).. Only noticing differences with GoToMeeting and my Avaya soft phone, both when using headphones.. Maybe my Samsung Headphones are the issue (they've been working been fine on both for months). I guess I'll try out some different headphones before doing anything else. I think I have a pair of MS communication headphones at home..
                    Last edited by Chili; 05-17-2018, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Correct senior

Comment

Working...
                      X