No announcement yet.

Utility/Garden shed - ATTN: juiceweezl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to look for alternative options to the hand built door. Does anyone know where I can get a roll up door locally? Looks like I can get a 4'x7' for about $175 but I haven't found anywhere local and shipping is about $200.

The widest item I will have to get through the door should be a wheel barrow
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Well, finally back to work on the shed. I decided to just buy a 36" door. The widest thing I need to put in there is the wheel barrow, which is about 28". We went and picked up the door earlier today, I got it set, and started on the siding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is where I finished today

Ranger's game tomorrow, hopefully I can finish up this side on Monday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, this thing has sat unfinished for too long! I had to buy a new nail gun. I'm using a porter cable 16 ga nailer to hang the siding and following with roofing nails. The cement hardie finally tore up the nailing pin in the gun. A new pin assembly was more than a new gun!

I scrounged up more siding from work and was able to finish up one end completely. I think I have enough to make it about 1/3 up the other end. I'll probably end up ordering enough to finish in the next few weeks. Once the siding is up, it'll take a weekend of pulling and setting nails, caulking the joints. Then it'll be ready for paint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
            Well, this thing has sat unfinished for too long! I had to buy a new nail gun. I'm using a porter cable 16 ga nailer to hang the siding and following with roofing nails. The cement hardie finally tore up the nailing pin in the gun. A new pin assembly was more than a new gun!

I scrounged up more siding from work and was able to finish up one end completely. I think I have enough to make it about 1/3 up the other end. I'll probably end up ordering enough to finish in the next few weeks. Once the siding is up, it'll take a weekend of pulling and setting nails, caulking the joints. Then it'll be ready for paint.

I have never regretted spending the money on my 16'×24' Tough Shed. Of course I don't have the sense of accomplishment that you will have but I never could have built one by myself as nice as they did.

I do need to do lofts at each end of mine and if we choose to stay in the house, I might insulate and plywood sheet the walls then put in a window unit a/c. But i need an electrician to come run power to it first.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
              I have never regretted spending the money on my 16'×24' Tough Shed. Of course I don't have the sense of accomplishment that you will have but I never could have built one by myself as nice as they did.

I do need to do lofts at each end of mine and if we choose to stay in the house, I might insulate and plywood sheet the walls then put in a window unit a/c. But i need an electrician to come run power to it first.
              I'm a cheap bastard. I paid for the roof, foundation, window, and door. Everything else has been scavenged off of my job sites! That is the main reason it has taken so long. The inside has been complete enough to store things in for quite a while. It has just been the exterior staring at me like an abandoned dog for most of the last year.

Last edited by black2002ls; 06-11-2017, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                  Right on!

Comment

Just scored this bad boy last week for $100 lol
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post

Me either. I bought an 8x12 on sale. With no taxes either on Tuff Sheds it cost me a fraction more to have it built and installed with the metal foundation. 2x4 construction as well. I did paint it myself though which saved a few bucks.

Comment

Well, a little over 2 years and it is ready for paint! We are having the kiddo's second birthday party here in a couple of weeks, so the goal is to get it painted by then. Prep is about 1/2 way done.

Comment

Finally, paint! The only thing left is painting the trim, soffit, and fascia in the gables.

Comment

Ulrich barns. Top notch. Pay for it all at once, and its definitely worth the money when you factor in the hassle of DIY, plus the cost of the materials you'd be buying.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Just scored this bad boy last week for $100 lol
                            Hard to top that. I would like to see the condition of the plastic after 10 years. Maybe a coat of paint at 5 years could make it last 15 years? Then you got 15 years of shed for $100 plus some paint. Unbeatable.
                            WH

Comment

I MAY have $500 in this. I had to purchase the treated lumber for the subfloor, the shingles, the door, and the window. The rest was all left over on job sites, one of the main reasons it took so long to finish!

Comment

Working...
                              X