Becoming an FFL, discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming an FFL, discuss

Anyone thought about and looked into becoming an FFL?

I am thinking I may look into it as a source of side income when i come home for good. Since we have a stay at home pretty much all hours of the day I figure make a little coin on the side.
    • Bigger or more safes
    • CCTV
    • Monitored Alarm
    • and set up a room as an "office"

I am sure the above can be written off on taxes as business expenses.

Anyone weighed the pros and cons for this?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

I have looked into it but the Coppell zoning and planning board is anti-gun. For the children.
    Last edited by Moose242; 09-03-2013, 03:46 AM.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
      I have looked into but the Coppell zoning and planning board is anti-gun. For the children.
      Haslet, shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I say go for it man. Extra income is extra income.

Comment

I have looked into it. The process doesn't sound that hard, but, like everything else, it takes time. From my understanding you don't have to live in Fort Knox; the locks on your home should suffice.

I am in the middle of installing security cameras around the perimeter of my house. I have all of the CAT 6a run throughout the house, switch, UPS, DVR, and one camera. Just have to buy the rest of the cameras. Seems like the price of the cameras are really dropping, so I have held off on buying any more cameras.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          I have looked into it but the Coppell zoning and planning board is anti-gun. For the children.
          How does one go about finding out about their city's zoning? I don't know if it is explicitly stated in the zoning restrictions or if it something you find out once you go to apply for the FFL.

Comment

I was going to do it. Have a building and warehouse I was going to use. Decided against it. More of a headache than I wanted to deal with.

Comment

My cousin was one when he got out of the FBI in the late 60's. I'm sure times have changed, but I remember him saying what a pain it was because of the ATF. He complained of them showing up at 3am, and wanting to do an inventory. Back then until the late 70's or so, He ran his out of his house, before he changed his business into just building/installing safes, and dropped his FFL.

That is all I know. I thought we had one or two on here?
              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
              86 SVO - Sold
              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

One day I hope to have my 07/02 SOT. I'm facinated by the science that goes into loading ammo and at some point I'd like to have enough load data to produce high quality match grade ammo.

I've taken my first step by applying for my C&R.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Charles, they would have to spend 5 hours outside knocking on the door at 3am if they pulled that shit. Cause no fucking way am I getting up to answer it.

My grandfather had his FFL but said it was not worth being fucked with over. Then again, he did not have it to primarily do transfers.

I figure it could be a small supplemental while I sit at home watching the kid, working on the car, and collecting unemployment for a few months. After that whatever I did not make to cover the cost of the new safe and upgrades would go against a loss for taxes anyways.

Comment

You'd probably pick up business just on convenience factor of your location for people out your way. I'm happy to give Jeff my business but 90% of the time I go over there, it's after work and it's 45 min drive one way. If I had someone closer to me I'd probably use them.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Charles, they would have to spend 5 hours outside knocking on the door at 3am if they pulled that shit. Cause no fucking way am I getting up to answer it.

My grandfather had his FFL but said it was not worth being fucked with over. Then again, he did not have it to primarily do transfers.

I figure it could be a small supplemental while I sit at home watching the kid, working on the car, and collecting unemployment for a few months. After that whatever I did not make to cover the cost of the new safe and upgrades would go against a loss for taxes anyways.
                      Kinda what I was thinking, but as I recall, they don't stop knocking. I guess if all the neighbors put red dots on them, maybe they would get the hint. I doubt they would do that anymore, and it may have been a one time thing, but it was a big enough pain to change his business.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

There have been laws reforming the ATF because they did so much of that stuff back in the day.

Comment

You would definitely get my business!

Comment

Might pm Likeitfast55. He just got his ffl a few months ago.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              You'd probably pick up business just on convenience factor of your location for people out your way.
                              Very true.. My new house is 5mins from him so I'm all about it. Haslet is blowing up and there is only one FFL out here that I know of.

Edit: Just looked up FFL's on gunbroker and there is 9 now. Bill at TMS Guns was the only guy for years.
                              Last edited by DieselSmoke; 09-03-2013, 08:08 AM.
                              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                              X