2014 Dove Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    It's different for each zone. Check your annual.
    Currently its the same for all zones for dove.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    just eat them each evening.
    Agreed. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
      Currently its the same for all zones for dove.
      Awesome! Thanks!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
        We have a hip stamp.

Stands for habitat improvment program i think for migratory birds. Mandatory but its only a buck. Its got dumb dates as well june to june or some crap. Vs jan to jan.
        I have "HIP certified" on my license but never enquired into why though. I'm sure it's a federal migratory bird thing. I did get a letter from the department of the interior this summer enquiring on how birds I harvested this last season.
        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Yup it should be put on there automatically.

Unless things have changed down there you guys get everything at once.

We have to buy the resident hunting lisence, then add the hip, then turkey tags, then deer tags. If you want to shoot geese, ducks, add that too. trapping cost extra as well.

Ill spend 100-120ish in fees every year to kill shit.

That is just to hunt doves, couple turkeys and 3-5 deer.

Comment

Id love to, anyone have a good place I could get in on?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm ready!! Not sure where I'm going yet though, lol
              "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
              East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
              https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Already have hunt planned for the 4th and 5th on my way to DFW for the Air races on the 6th and 7th.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                  Ill spend 100-120ish in fees every year to kill shit.
                  I spent $133 on my super combo TX license last year. That includes the public hunting fee too, which I doubt I will get again this year. Then the duck stamp on top of it. I get all of that every year though, so I am good no matter what I decide to do.

Comment

I just sat down and figured it out.

To deer hunt, dove hunt and turkey. 172.00

Im glad i split it up. haha I didnt even buy a fishing permit this year. They are another 20.00

Comment

Hey Sleeper, I need you as our spotter as to when the birds start flying. I plan on going the second week of the season, weekend of the 6th. Given the cool summer, I figure they might leave a little later than usual. Who knows, but that's my best guess.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Next question... who's got the best price on shells? I was in academy the other day and lowest I saw for target loads was $7 a box.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I expect our season to be short and sweet cj.

We have quite a few hanging around now. First cold snap usually 2nd week of sept.

I usually hit up cabelas or walmart in the offseason for shells. Alco usually runs a sale in our season as well.5.50 a box

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Next question... who's got the best price on shells? I was in academy the other day and lowest I saw for target loads was $7 a box.
                            dont buy target, buy game loads. They usually start appearing in mid/late august.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

We are covered up in white wings here at the moment. I sure hope they hang around till season starts.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I personally thing the season should be determined by the climate and not a set date.

Comment

Working...
                                X