Glock recoil spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock recoil spring

Someone please explain the recoil spring weights to me.

I always wanted a stainless steel guide rod, but did not think about spring size. I get the lighter the weight the less muzzle flip, greater the weight the more muzzle flip, but wouldn't you want less muzzle flip?!

I have a G23 Gen 3...any help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A light spring lets the slide recoil faster and returns it to battery slower: could lead to frame damage and failure to feed.
    A heavy spring slows the slide on recoil and returns it to battery faster; could cause extraction and feed issues.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Just put a factory spring back in it. It worked before so why would you change it?
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        Just put a factory spring back in it. It worked before so why would you change it?

I was placing an order for a steel guide rod and it asked what size spring I wanted...kinda got me thinkin

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          That has to be one of the worst arguments you could make.
          QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
            Why would you fix something that worked fine before?

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              If he's not setting up a custom load at one end of the spectrum or another, why does he need a spring that isn't the factory weight? He can have a stainless guide rod, and a factory spring rate.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                If he's not setting up a custom load at one end of the spectrum or another, why does he need a spring that isn't the factory weight? He can have a stainless guide rod, and a factory spring rate.
                This. You tailor the spring rate to match the load. If shooting hot loads, need a heavier spring to keep it from beating itself to death. If shooting light loads, need a light spring so it will cycle.
                If shooting factory type loads, stick with the factory spring rate.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                  This. You tailor the spring rate to match the load. If shooting hot loads, need a heavier spring to keep it from beating itself to death. If shooting light loads, need a light spring so it will cycle.
                  If shooting factory type loads, stick with the factory spring rate.
                  Thanks for the clarifying, that is what I was basically needing to know.

Comment

Dual stage recoil spring from 4th Gen makes a huge difference
                    2012 GT500

Comment

How does a dual stage recoil spring work?
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                        How does a dual stage recoil spring work?
                        You know hes using his GoogleFu like a muthufucka right now...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                          You know hes using his GoogleFu like a muthufucka right now...
                          Glockspeak.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Glock recoil spring

Can you out a dual spring recoil system in a Gen 3?

Comment

Originally posted by IdabelBlue View Post
                              Can you out a dual spring recoil system in a Gen 3?

If you are shooting factory loads just put a factory Gen 3 spring back in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X