Psa pa10 .308

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psa pa10 .308

Well, Palmetto State has gotten into the .308 game now. I've had nothing but great experiences with my PSA 5.56 lowers. Anyone have any experience with, or insight into this?

Deal ends at midnight tonight.

It would seem that you can't beat that price for a lower and LPK for an AR-10/LR308. As with those two examples, I'm sure there will be compatibility issues for this platform.

A quick google shows that if you don't take the time to make informed purchases, or just go ahead and buy the PSA LPK, you will have problems. This link shows one negative review (non PSA parts), and one positive (PSA LPK).
    Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

They also have an ad for a .308 lower and 5.56 lower for $179

It's been discussed before, but probably does need it's own thread. Yes, it is a great deal. Yes, it is the first time an AR10 lower has been cheap enough that you *may* be able to build one for cheaper than you can buy a complete one. The problem with their kits (at least what I noticed a few weeks ago) is they are selling their stripped upper, but they have no parts kit for it. An AR15 forward assist *should* fit, but there's no way the ejection door will. And you can't build a gun without an ejection door cause you'll have to disassemble it to put one on. redxarms had a better deal on complete uppers than PSA, but their lowers are a slam dunk. I'd buy the lower and parts kit from PSA, the upper and BCG from red x arms, and the barrel for black hole weaponry. put a samson rail on it and a butt stock and you have an LR308 for cheap.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Whoops. They also have a rifle kit for $650 to go with your upper. So your complete PA-10 would run you $780 (plus $49 for the 5.56 lower).

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        The problem with their kits (at least what I noticed a few weeks ago) is they are selling their stripped upper, but they have no parts kit for it.
        The link I just posted shows a complete upper with BCG, buffer tube, etc.. I would ASS-U-ME that the kit would work, if they're advertising it as a "just add a lower" rifle in a box.

No idea if you'd seen that yet. It doesn't show up under the PA10 link, you have to search for "PA10 rifle kit." Saw it linked on another site

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
          Whoops. They also have a rifle kit for $650 to go with your upper. So your complete PA-10 would run you $780 (plus $49 for the 5.56 lower).

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ngth-rifle-kit
          not sure what's happening there. The lower is $200, and the upper is $650, so you're at $850 so you're going to be around $900 with shipping all in. That's about where LR308's have been in the past. $1000 for an LR308 is about normal. That's a bare bones gun, nothing special.
          Last edited by CJ; 09-24-2014, 07:50 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

The lower is $200, and the upper is $650, so you're at $850
            Last edited by CJ; 09-24-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Looks like it has a stock/buffer to me....
              "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
              http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
              Factory Five MK4 Cobra
              Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
              http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
              www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
              sigpic

Comment

there, all better.

Comment

there, all better.

Comment

not sure what's happening there. The lower is $200, and the upper is $650, so you're at $850 so you're going to be around $900 with shipping all in. That's about where LR308's have been in the past. $1000 for an LR308 is about normal. That's a bare bones gun, nothing special.
                    I'm showing $650 for the rifle kit, $180 for the lowers, $26 shipping per PSA's website, and say $15 for FFL. Plus, that comes with a 5.56 lower valued at $50. You could easily sell the extra lower for $40 if you wanted to recoup some of the money spent, or you can just subtract it from what the gun costs and sit it on the shelf lose it in your boat that sinks.

+15
                    $821

You have a .308 AR for $821-$831. Not trying to be argumentative by any means, just showing my math in case someone else is interested, or I've completely missed something. You are right, it's still a bare-bones gun, but Wal-Mart sells the DPMS LR308 for right at $1000 plus tax, or $1082. The PSA gun has an 18" barrel, it's SS, has a dust cover, has forward assist (if you care about those things), and is still $260 cheaper. SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.

Comment

I get what you're saying, but by that reasoning I could sell an AR15 and have a $150 LR308 And technically that would be a straw purchase and illegal It's a good price, without PSA's involvement, it will still be cheaper to buy a gun than build one. This is game changer for sure. I hope you reload, because .308 isn't cheap!
                      Last edited by CJ; 09-24-2014, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I get what you're saying, but by that reasoning I could sell an AR15 and have a $150 LR308 Where is your lower parts kit in that math?
                        It's part of the $650 kit. You hitting the sauce early tonight CJ?
                        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
                          It's part of the $650 kit. You hitting the sauce early tonight CJ?
                          Yeah I momentarily lapsed there, I had already corrected it. Just tired, 11 hours at work and then the rest fixing my garage door opener at home.

Comment

Yeah I momentarily lapsed there, I had already corrected it. Just tired, 11 hours at work and then the rest fixing my garage door opener at home.
                            Between all that and trying to correct all the mofos around here thats one hell of schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                              Between all that and trying to correct all the mofos around here thats one hell of schedule.
                              I'm sensing animosity.

Comment

Working...
                              X