Any Dodge dealer employees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    Their smaller SUVs and cars using the CVT trans are all shit. EVERY one running through auction has a bad transmission.
    I have had 4 , my wifes last 3 cars all have been Nissan and never in the shop except for an occasional recall. Like two in 12 years that I can remember. My buddies Lincoln MK or whatever their top of the line SUV is has already had the tranny replaced before hitting 100k, he bought his when I bought the wife her Murano. Transmission guy told me the MK shares the same tranny or a lot of parts with GM cars IIRC and they are all shitting the bed. Ford Fusions are also dying at around 60k from what I here. I do remember Nissan upping the warranty to 120k on the Versa but we didn't have any issues. Not sure what they cost to replace but I think they just toss the old and put in a new one. The Lincoln was over 4k I think to replace. Hell even Mazda took the most reliable, raceable car in existence, and put a manual transmission in it made of glass in 2016.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      Nissan makes some of the most reliable vehicles built, and were way ahead of their American counterparts in truck features for a while. They just don't update shit every three years, which probably helps with their reliability.
      A few years ago we had a Nissan rental car in Tennessee. That transmission shifted like crap! It had all sorts of slip between gears. Taking off up hill was a joke. It was like riding the clutch for a block before it really would fully engage. The slush box was more like a slip box.

Comment

I am just stating my experiences and what I have seen and actually heard from transmission guys. I love the CVTs, it is a little like you are slipping the clutch when you lay into them. After the first one many moons ago I don't even notice anymore. My Titan I finally sold last year had a recall last year. They even put me in a new truck twice while they fixed it, it was not CVT though and had no transmission issues. 15 years old and I never had one problem with it. It was low mileage for is age though. We usually get out of my wifes at 5 years or 100k, since she quit her job three years ago she might be driving this one past that!
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I was one and done with CVTs. I think the post is over in Canada but I had a 2003 Murano with AWD. The CVT blew a 2” hole in the side of it’s casing and left me and the wife stranded on a run running down a cornfield in Illinois.

Fortunately we were only 20 miles from the end of our trek to my Dad’s place. He came and got us. The local Nissan dealer did a bang up job getting a new CVT for the Murano and then North Texas Nissan helped find a spare CVT and got it shipped as quick as they could. Amazing service but I got rid of the Murano pretty quickly after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Keep an eye on Biden's infrastructure bill. They're talking about changing the $7500 tax credit to a direct payment to the buyer of any EV. They are also talking about removing the limit on how many EVs can be sold per model to qualify for the credit.

Here in Colorado there is an additional $2500 tax credit on EVs. That would be a $10000 total tax credit.

I'm not really looking at an EV yet, but I have to admit, 480HP AWD with that instantly available torque sounds like a lot of fun.

But they still shouldn't have called it a Mustang. That is total bullshit.
            Same site you sold your car on (I think) just upped their price for my Raptor to just $500 less than I paid for it brand new (excluding taxes) and I have a 2019 with 29,500 miles.

I'm torn as hell as I really don't want to sell the Raptor, but I have a replacement car (Blackwing CT5-V) coming at the end of this summer and I'd like to unload the truck while the iron is hot..... I'd have to daily drive my Vette for a few months, but it could be worse....

That said, I do REALLY like my truck. It's comfy, big, smooth, good power for a truck, looks great, has no issues right now......my family likes it and is comfortable riding in it.....just not sure what to do..
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              Same site you sold your car on (I think) just upped their price for my Raptor to just $500 less than I paid for it brand new (excluding taxes) and I have a 2019 with 29,500 miles.

I'm torn as hell as I really don't want to sell the Raptor, but I have a replacement car (Blackwing CT5-V) coming at the end of this summer and I'd like to unload the truck while the iron is hot..... I'd have to daily drive my Vette for a few months, but it could be worse....

That said, I do REALLY like my truck. It's comfy, big, smooth, good power for a truck, looks great, has no issues right now......my family likes it and is comfortable riding in it.....just not sure what to do..
              This used car situation won’t be fixed by end of summer or even end of year imo. The chip shortage reportedly could last 3+ years. You don’t need to rush to a decision imo.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                This used car situation won’t be fixed by end of summer or even end of year imo. The chip shortage reportedly could last 3+ years. You don’t need to rush to a decision imo.
                Agreed, I don't have to rush to a decision anytime soon. I doubt values will plummet overnight especially with that chip issue and no significant production of the 3rd gen Raptor is going to happen over the next several months, especially where supply exceeds demand.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

That is the single best humble barg post I have seen.

Comment

Just trade the v6 in on a TRX.... that thing is awesome! If it wasn’t for sleepy joe, and fuel prices were a non-issue. That is what we would have bought. Sticker was only 10k more. However to drive the TRX the same miles as my last truck....fuel would have been over 30k...

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                      Just trade the v6 in on a TRX.... that thing is awesome! If it wasn’t for sleepy joe, and fuel prices were a non-issue. That is what we would have bought. Sticker was only 10k more. However to drive the TRX the same miles as my last truck....fuel would have been over 30k...
                      I do like the TRX, but most/all of them are over sticker and still more $$$ than a Raptor. Plus, some initial quality issues seem prevalent so it would be a roll of the dice on whether I got a good one or bad one. Plus, besides the engine, I don't see it being dramatically better in any real way than a Raptor and downsides are heavier and much thirstier on gas as you mentioned. In short, the "upgrade" doesn't really seem worth it to me.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

This vehicle situation isn't getting any better this year for sure.

I've got two trucks left to sell. Sold one this weekend. Even considering selling my jk rubicon. Looks like I can get exactly what I paid for it 3yrs ago. But, I'd use that to build another shop and that 25k won't cover material increases!

Comment

Been driving a TRX the past few days and I must say it is damn nice and fun for a big ass truck!

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                            Been driving a TRX the past few days and I must say it is damn nice and fun for a big ass truck!

I love it but I don’t think I can trust it. I off road my trucks and Ram has taken some engineering shortcuts that won’t cut it IMO.

But perhaps next model year they’ll make some changes to resolve those issues. From what I’ve seen, they’ve had their engineers looking at every off roading issue that has been popping up.

Comment

Working...
                            X