EV Hotrod...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    Haven't the older 911's gotten really expensive?
    911s have transmission problems that I am really good at fixing. In the 90s I would buy cars with broke transmissions, fix them, and flip them. I got real busy doing pool stuff and wound up with two 78-81 911SCs that have been sitting in my shop for 20 years now. I used to buy them for 3k to 5k and sell them for 10k once I fixed them; now a clean one brings in the high forties.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That would be cool as shit!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Whatever you build, sound deaden the hell out of it. And put it on bags so that it rides real nice. They can be "static" bags, but make it bags. Then resto mod it with all kinds of modern conveniences like back up camera, automatic windows, seat heaters, and the in-dash gps radio. Do all that stuff. I wanna see.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          And put it on bags so that it rides real nice. They can be "static" bags, but make it bags.
          I FUCKING HATE working on bags. I always get chasing and fixing those when they come in, damn I hate that shit.

Point taken on that other stuff. We just finished a 55 Convertible. It had all that "convenience" stuff. Had more computers and controllers under the dash and console. Car was sitting on a Roadster Shop Frame though with an IRS rear end. What a cluster fuck, had to drop the entire rear suspicion to mount the tires, 5 fucking hours.

Comment

Doesn't matter what it is, the battery weight will kill it unless you want to spring for some high dollar lithium batteries.
            Originally posted by racrguy
            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
            Originally posted by racrguy
            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
              Doesn't matter what it is, the battery weight will kill it unless you want to spring for some high dollar lithium batteries.
              Powertrain is about 30k. They basically use a jail broke Telsa..

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                I FUCKING HATE working on bags. I always get chasing and fixing those when they come in, damn I hate that shit.
                Don't they make some high quality bags these days that just don't really wanna break?
                WH

Comment

Don't they make some high quality bags these days that just don't really wanna break?
                  Bags really aren't the issues (although some people mount them pretty poorly. Its the damn fittings. My specialty seems to be "unfucking" shit people do to their cars. The jeg leg shit ive seen would scare the heck out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    The jeg leg shit ive seen would scare the heck out of you.
                    lol jeg leg...

If that's a real derogatory saying, then maybe naming a company "Jegs" wasn't such a good idea.

So what if the bag job was done perfectly? Are there good high quality fittings that would help me avoid the kind of problems you've seen?
                    WH

Comment

So what if the bag job was done perfectly? Are there good high quality fittings that would help me avoid the kind of problems you've seen?
                      It can be done right, but it wont be cheap. I'd use the good stainless braided throughout. 18 wheelers rely on airlines for brakes, so it can be done right.
                      I'm just so burned out on that shit I dont wanna look at it. Too many people install the shit and leave the lines kinda loose and use bad install angles and dont secure shit. Just a disaster.
                      Im glad Im not the wiring guru. You should see some of the shit my buddy has to unfuck...

Comment

Working...
                      X