Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get an outrageous energy bill?

I did. $5300, for a home that's vacant.

I've been mtm with the current provider since hurricane season (it's a house near the coast) because my DFW brethren suggested that renewing when energy use was low was more beneficial. Well, suffice it to say, I was asleep at the switch, it fell off my radar.

Not sure what to do.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

That's impressive! Mine was $55.27, energy ogre has been useful this year. My gas bill was $130 last month though. I have several friends with $400 bills but they all have electric heating or a pool.

Comment

My gas bill was about $100 but my electric bill was $48 dollars and change. I agree that Energy Ogre so far has been worth the 10 bucks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
        I did. $5300, for a home that's vacant.

I've been mtm with the current provider since hurricane season (it's a house near the coast) because my DFW brethren suggested that renewing when energy use was low was more beneficial. Well, suffice it to say, I was asleep at the switch, it fell off my radar.

Not sure what to do.
        Unless they force rate credits from where ERCOT gouged the price, you pay the bill. You signed up with a MTM plan and a variable rate. Now pay the bill.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
          Unless they force rate credits from where ERCOT gouged the price, you pay the bill. You signed up with a MTM plan and a variable rate. Now pay the bill.
          Yup, like the people that signed up for a variable rate mortgage, time to bust out the checkbook.

Comment

Yikes. Are you sure its vacant? Someone might be stealing your shit or squatters?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Yikes. Are you sure its vacant? Someone might be stealing your shit or squatters?
              The rates went so incredibly high that any power draw would result in a huge bill.

Comment

No, I signed up for an annual plan and then it rolled over to month-to-month during hurricane season. To your point, I lost the benefit of the locked rate.
                Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

I believe Texas passed a bill that people don't have to pay those crazy electric bills.

Comment

is that for one month or you didn't pay your bill, right?

Comment

The company my rental is with sent an email to all customers stating they would not charge the ERCOT rates, even for customers on the variable rate plans. All customers will be charged the fixed-rate price for the month(s) affected by the storm.

Hopefully the state will step in on this one. It's an absolute sham to pass those kind of bills onto the end user.

Comment

I wouldn't pay that shit, fuck em. They can't do shit about it and even if they could figure out a way the State of Texas isn't going to let them.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

There was an article today about a leaked phone conversation from some energy guy to his investors where he was talking about protecting their windfall from this price gouging event. People like that need to be made an example of, this is straight up theft if you ask me. Even when they bounced the pricing up to begin with that was bullshit. Just turn peoples shit off if the grid is going to fail instead of artificially increasing the pricing. Hey lets just max out the rates and double fuck everyone. If we pulled a bunch of energy from elsewhere I could see a price increase, but from what I understand we were not, because we are not connected to anyone else. My gas bill was 80.00 and electric was 67.00 or something. Hell my power was off, it better not have been high even if it was variable. I am not though, I stay locked in when the rates are low as long as a can, like 36 months.

And a side note, yeah I am sure we were close to failing, but explain how they were having conventions going on in Dallas and were going to have a Stars game before people raised hell. I bet you could power all of South Dallas with what it takes to run that arena. Also curious how the rich people had power but they cut the poor folk and then gouged the shit out of them.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

We never lost power and the house stayed warm. Our provider is CoServ so we have no choice in providers but the rate is steady. I expected a much larger bill for this period than $162.

Comment

I use around 1900 kWh a month my bill always under 190 turn key

Comment

Working...
                              X