No announcement yet.

April 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked in with Lorenzo just a minute ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Very good to hear. I've been watching everyone check in with our patch. It's easy to spot us on this day.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I'm continuing this one a bit early this year. One to give my guys who didn't make it back that much longer in people's mind and two, because we're all stuck inside and a couple days isn't really anything.

Despite the quarantine, the fight doesn't stop. There are still men and women in harm's way. Honor them. That's all I ask and all they would ask. Tip your hat, take a drink and lift up their families in prayer.

Comment

Today is my alive day. For those who do not have one, allow me to explain.

Everyone has a birthday. A day you were brought into the world kicking and screaming, surrounded by people who love you. A day full of hope and promise. An alive day is something similar.

An Alive Day is a day I briefly died, a day that I was shot in the head and both thought it would be the day I breathed my last surrounded by people who wanted me dead and my brothers who were bleeding to keep me alive AND the day that I woke back up to a path full of possibilities.

My Alive Day means that some who were with me did not make it back. It means that they fought so that I may live. It means I continue to fight so their memory lives on. It means that despite depression and guilt over coming back, I soldier on.

Today is my Alive Day and I thank my brothers for making sure I see it every year and my God for bringing me to Salvation that I may see those I lost again one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Today is my alive day. For those who do not have one, allow me to explain.

Everyone has a birthday. A day you were brought into the world kicking and screaming, surrounded by people who love you. A day full of hope and promise. An alive day is something similar.

An Alive Day is a day I briefly died, a day that I was shot in the head and both thought it would be the day I breathed my last surrounded by people who wanted me dead and my brothers who were bleeding to keep me alive AND the day that I woke back up to a path full of possibilities.

My Alive Day means that some who were with me did not make it back. It means that they fought so that I may live. It means I continue to fight so their memory lives on. It means that despite depression and guilt over coming back, I soldier on.

Today is my Alive Day and I thank my brothers for making sure I see it every year and my God for bringing me to Salvation that I may see those I lost again one day.
            Glad you're still alive. Only met you once, but you're definitely one of the more interesting people I've encountered.

Comment

HAD Frosty...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                Glad you're still alive. Only met you once, but you're definitely one of the more interesting people I've encountered.
                You know, that's a nice way of saying "Dude, you're fucked in the head." But thank you. I keep this thread alive every year because my guys deserve it. I'm alive because they fought when I was unconscious and I fought for them when I was awake. We are and were a team and that's what it was all about. Not politics, not Washington, not even about the Iraqis we were saving but each other.

In those moments, the guy who rat fucked the MRE's and who was an asshole to you in the rear suddenly is the guy drawing fire so you can be safe while you reload. The guy you can't stand and would rather gut in his sleep is the same guy you're willing to charge against AK fire so he can be carried off the field.

It's brotherhood and that bond burns ... forever. I recently just touched base with some guys I haven't talked to in years and it was like that time was never gone. We're older but.... that's about it.

Today we honor our fallen and those who rose again to continue the fight.

Comment

Happy Alive Day. Really glad you are still around and have been able to move beyond the shit you went through.

Comment

Forever, keep your spirits up and the memories of your brothers with you. Words can’t undue what was done, but I hope as time marches on you have more good days.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                      You know, that's a nice way of saying "Dude, you're fucked in the head." But thank you. I keep this thread alive every year because my guys deserve it. I'm alive because they fought when I was unconscious and I fought for them when I was awake. We are and were a team and that's what it was all about. Not politics, not Washington, not even about the Iraqis we were saving but each other.

In those moments, the guy who rat fucked the MRE's and who was an asshole to you in the rear suddenly is the guy drawing fire so you can be safe while you reload. The guy you can't stand and would rather gut in his sleep is the same guy you're willing to charge against AK fire so he can be carried off the field.

It's brotherhood and that bond burns ... forever. I recently just touched base with some guys I haven't talked to in years and it was like that time was never gone. We're older but.... that's about it.

Today we honor our fallen and those who rose again to continue the fight.
                      Hell no, not what I meant at all. Your stories are awesome and your overall vibe is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        Hell no, not what I meant at all. Your stories are awesome and your overall vibe is cool.
                        I'm fucking with you. This group of misfits are family more or less. I mean, I'm not SVO who only didn't stop the Iraq war because he was off talking Putin into not invading Crimea but....I have my moments.

Comment

Ah, April 4 is coming once again.

Get your best drinks ready gentlemen. 17 years and our best deserve our best.

Comment

Man, I was legit, just thinking about you and this thread. Hope you're well bubba.

Tx

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                              Man, I was legit, just thinking about you and this thread. Hope you're well bubba.

Tx
                              Same here. I've never met you, but this story is outstanding. I've shared it with my sons and will do again this year. Thank you for your service and sharing this. Glad you are still here. I'll have a stout one poured for you and your brethren from that day and all the days before and after.

Comment

A few days early, but, Happy Alive Day Frost! Glad that you are still with us.

Comment

Working...
                                X