Think I figured out what replaces the Mustang crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think I figured out what replaces the Mustang crowd

After a few days in the DFW area, I think I figured out what replaced the Mustang crowd. The streets used to filled with Mustangs. Now it is like everywhere you go those are replaced with Chargers. I bet I saw 30-40 modded Chargers, everyday. Didn’t matter which area of the metroplex I went. Kind of odd to see so many Mopars running around.
    Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 04-02-2021, 06:50 AM.

I always assumed that they were cheaper.

Comment

The late model Mopar crowd is first in the standings for the street takeovers.

Comment

I thought that brodozers had replaced mustangs.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          I think there is some truth to that as well.

Comment

Brodozers replaced the urban cowboy truck crowd. Every time I see one I think metal tube sun shade/headache racks and glass packs.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              A smile always is on my face when I see a brodozer pulled over by DPS for tires way outside the wheel wells. DPS on 45 has a field day with these trucks.

To each his own though
              Last edited by Murph Tang; 04-02-2021, 10:45 AM.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I hated the new Chargers when they came out but they look great since the 2015 refresh. If they would put a manual transmission in them I'd go out and buy one today.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I hated the new Chargers when they came out but they look great since the 2015 refresh. If they would put a manual transmission in them I'd go out and buy one today.
                  You can get a hand shaker in r/t, r/t scat pack, and hellcat models.

Comment

I just can't get into a 4,000+ pound performance car.
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      I just can't get into a 4,000+ pound performance car.
                      One of the reasons I went with the 6th gen camaro, 3600lbs is pretty damned light for a modern performance car. Still, I picked up a notch back mustang, and it feels SO different than anything else, even the camaro. The base 225hp feels downright rowdy when you're slinging the rear end out on every shift.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                        One of the reasons I went with the 6th gen camaro, 3600lbs is pretty damned light for a modern performance car. Still, I picked up a notch back mustang, and it feels SO different than anything else, even the camaro. The base 225hp feels downright rowdy when you're slinging the rear end out on every shift.
                        That notchback is probably 2,900 lbs with you in it.
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          You can get a hand shaker in r/t, r/t scat pack, and hellcat models.
                          You're reading Challenger when I typed Charger. New Charger has never been available with a stick.

Comment

Apparently they are so hot that the 392/Scat Pack/RTs are getting stolen left and right or carjacked if you're in it in a lot of areas.

Comment

With the modern 8spd autos...the manual is slower. Love the way the auto shifts in my 2015 Challenger. It is super crisp in sport and track mode.
                              Last edited by 1carcrazyguy; 04-02-2021, 09:45 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                              X