No announcement yet.

Anyone bought or drove a Mach E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve driven one, but not enough to really get a good feel for it, it was just around our test track some while the engineers were here tweaking on it.

Comment

As a. Mustang purist, fuck that ugly blob mobile
      WH

Comment

I wont be driving any EV until they force me to and I am a fan of the Tesla. Buddy of mine has a Model S and showed me how he summons it to pick him up in a parking lot from his iPhone, like some Knight Rider shit. It's cool and all, but its just not me.

Comment

I'm fine with there being an electric Mustang, hell even call it a Mach E, fine whatever, most gas powered cars are bound to banned at some point not that for away. Electric cars can scoot pretty good But don't make an SUV and say this is the new Mustang Mach E or Mach whatever.

Call the new performance SUV something else.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            No, I'm straight...
            HAHAHA!

I don’t really want one but I do at least want to go for a test drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              I wont be driving any EV until they force me to and I am a fan of the Tesla. Buddy of mine has a Model S and showed me how he summons it to pick him up in a parking lot from his iPhone, like some Knight Rider shit. It's cool and all, but its just not me.
              They haul ass but just don't have any personality. All of them are ugly.

They are the future but I won't be driving one until they make one that doesn't look like Donald Duck.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
                They haul ass but just don't have any personality. All of them are ugly.

They are the future but I won't be driving one until they make one that doesn't look like Donald Duck.
                How about darkwing duck? Would that be better?

darkwing_duck_thunderquack_desktop_background_by_brianhaddad_d7ca6wz-pre.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

electric prices vs gas prices. has anyone done the math

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    It's about 50.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      I ran one of these into the ground and broke tons of pieces off it, but it kept going forever.

I had this one too, but in Red.. It was pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        It's about 50.
                        I think it's actually 42.. Yeah, I seem to remember that being the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                          It will depend on your electric rate and how much kw per mile the vehicle uses. Example, we have a plug-in hybrid with a 16kwh battery (about 12-13kwh usable) and the van goes about 30 miles on a full charge. That is about what the van gets MPG wise when it is running the gasoline engine so a full charge equals roughly a gallon of gasoline. We pay .16kwh for peak and .08kwh off peak. so 14kwh x .16 = $2.24 or 14kwh x .08 = $1.12. Those are just close estimates so everyone calm the fuck down about loses for heat and whatever, I get it.

A couple of other thoughts. You almost never want to pay somewhere to charge your electric vehicle. Most of the pay charging stations are rip offs and too slow to really do that much in my opinion. You charge at home each night where it's cheap and painless. You shouldn't have to charge during the day unless you are driving a hell of a lot of miles or taking trip out of town. If you check either of those two boxes then you'll want a Tesla because their charging network is so far ahead of everything else. Or you'll need to plan to get something with DCFC (DC Fast Charging) and plan your extended driving around those stations. Free charging is different. Some places now have free L2 charging and those are great. Stonebriar mall has free L2 charging now. ABC, always be charging (if its free).

And if you're buying an EV you likely know and qualify for the $7500 tax credit, but in TX there is also an additional $2500 grant through the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan you can apply for and receive. Basically $10k back in your pocket at the end of the day. Your electric utility may also offer special rates for EV charging only and incentives for L2 charging station at home.

Comment

“Every so often, a new vehicle comes along that disrupts the status quo and changes the game … Model T, Mustang, Prius, Model 3. Now comes the F-150 Lightning,” Farley said in a statement. “America’s favorite vehicle for nearly half a century is going digital and fully electric. F-150 Lightning can power your home during an outage; it’s even quicker than the original F-150 Lightning performance truck; and it will constantly improve through over-the-air updates.”
                            WRX

Comment

I saw that this morning. Didn't the original Lightning run like 15s? lol
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                                I saw that this morning. Didn't the original Lightning run like 15s? lol
                                The article says it’ll outrun the Gen 2 blower trucks.
                                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                                dont downshift!!
                                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                                X