No announcement yet.

April 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around this time of year I will always come back, revive this thread to honor my fallen. We were going to meet up at Hood and lift a drink but there's still some hesitation with the China Virus so we're definitely meeting for our 20th.

We have a Black Sunday Extreme Challenge this year which is running or biking 4 miles every 4 hours for 44 hours. It's going to suck but.... It's a way to remember who we are.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      Same here. I've never met you, but this story is outstanding. I've shared it with my sons and will do again this year. Thank you for your service and sharing this. Glad you are still here. I'll have a stout one poured for you and your brethren from that day and all the days before and after.
      Now this is humbling. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        Man, I was legit, just thinking about you and this thread. Hope you're well bubba.

Tx
        I'm still above ground. I moved to a 5 bedroom house on a nice piece of land with a private lake. I'm finally at peace. Just need to get some ducks.

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, 30 minutes until the 4th. I ask that you lift a drink to my honored dead and stop to offer a prayer for the families who lost so much on 04/04/04. While you enjoy your Easter Sunday, please stop for but one moment and give one thought for those who are not with us.

A Pittance of Time
          Last edited by Forever_frost; 04-03-2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Ladies and gentlemen, 30 minutes until the 4th. I ask that you lift a drink to my honored dead and stop to offer a prayer for the families who lost so much on 04/04/04. While you enjoy your Easter Sunday, please stop for but one moment and give one thought for those who are not with us.

A Pittance of Time
            Cheers Jim.

Comment

I will have a drink this evening in your and your brothers honor. Cheers, My friend.

Not sure where you are, but I have several hundred acres that I let a few friends hunt. And every year, I host a small group of wounded warriors on opening weekend to dove hunt.

I am glad that you are still on this earth, and able to put that incredible story in words.

Shoot me a pm if you ever need a place to bird hunt. Thanks for your service.
              Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

I appreciate it. I'm up near Paris

Comment

I appreciate it. I'm up near Paris
                  Man, first year in 10 that I didn't check on Lorenzo. I feel like a turd.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

This year was hard on everyone with us not being able to go to Hood but we're all going to try to head there next year.

Comment

Hey everyone, it's that time again and I've been away from the site for a while. A lot of thinking and I started seminary. I moved to a little farm with a pond and am working on my 4th kid but as with everything, we come full circle.

April 4th is coming once more and I'll be down with my friends at the memorial this year. I'll be headed down to Ft. Hood on the 3rd and heading back to North Texas on the 4th.

Comment

Grats bubba, seems more and more I've been acquainted with over the years, are coming to a life of faith.

Comment

Hey everyone, it's that time again and I've been away from the site for a while. A lot of thinking and I started seminary. I moved to a little farm with a pond and am working on my 4th kid but as with everything, we come full circle.

April 4th is coming once more and I'll be down with my friends at the memorial this year. I'll be headed down to Ft. Hood on the 3rd and heading back to North Texas on the 4th.
                          Good luck on your trip and major props for another year of your family expanding and life growing in a positive direction, Frosty...'H'
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                            Grats bubba, seems more and more I've been acquainted with over the years, are coming to a life of faith.
                            It's a natural progression in life for many.

Comment

I appreciate it guys.

It seems the older I get the more I realize I don't know anything. The more I realize that, the closer I get to the One with all the answers and while I'm not scared of the end, I prefer it to be on better terms this go around.

Comment

I appreciate it guys.

It seems the older I get the more I realize I don't know anything. The more I realize that, the closer I get to the One with all the answers and while I'm not scared of the end, I prefer it to be on better terms this go around.
                                It’s pretty cool seeing you be positive this year given the story behind this post! I hope your brothers in arms can get something good from your current outlook too. Being on a sub sure was a lot safer and probably easier in the big scheme of things.

Comment

Working...
                                X