What I have been working on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
    Man that front licence plate holder is a buzzkill. I'm sure you've heard that before though....lol
    Yep. Heard it. If I take it off I have 4 holes in the bumper. I have a license plate and need to just put it on to round it out. Lol
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Clutch and flywheel out. Time to sell.

Turns out that I misspoke. The flywheel is steel not aluminum.

New clutch is on order. Same as the one in the stangnet link Nick posted. Mine will be a dual ceramic though.

I'm also trying to fund a McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing conversion kit. I would rather do it now while the trans is out.

Comment

• Is that a 10.5" or 11" clutch?
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46tbird View Post
            is that a 10.5" or 11" clutch?
            10.5"

Comment

• Clutch is in the mail.

Hydraulic kit showed up yesterday

Flywheel will arrive today

Hopefully I can start going back together this weekend.

I ordered March's alternator and power steering brackets. But they are for fox timing chain cover and water pump. I think I can make a few stands off the water pump and change some spacer lengths to make it work. If not, I can convert over to fox timing chain cover and water pump pretty easily. It will give me the excuse to drop the oil pan too so I can replace the one piece gasket anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Clutch is in the mail.

Hydraulic kit showed up yesterday

Flywheel will arrive today

Hopefully I can start going back together this weekend.

I ordered March's alternator and power steering brackets. But they are for fox timing chain cover and water pump. I think I can make a few stands off the water pump and change some spacer lengths to make it work. If not, I can convert over to fox timing chain cover and water pump pretty easily. It will give me the excuse to drop the oil pan too so I can replace the one piece gasket anyways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                Just so you know March also makes a power steering bracket that works with the AC compressor too. But you have to change to a different style compressor.

Also let us know how that hydraulic clutch conversion works out.
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

• Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                  Just so you know March also makes a power steering bracket that works with the AC compressor too. But you have to change to a different style compressor.

Also let us know how that hydraulic clutch conversion works out.
                  But it puts the compressor below the alternator and I may not have room with the merge there. Nonetheless I am going to trace out these march brackets in the event I can figure out a way to one piece make them work for 94/95 stuff..

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    But it puts the compressor below the alternator and I may not have room with the merge there. Nonetheless I am going to trace out these march brackets in the event I can figure out a way to one piece make them work for 94/95 stuff..
                    They make a fox one that keeps it on the drivers side on top of the power steering.

We do have a bracket for the a/c and power steering on the driverside You can use your factory power steering pump, but you can not use the factory a/c comp. You have to use a Sanden 508 comp. Is this something that you are willing to change? Please advise.

March Performance
                    888-729-9070
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

• Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                      They make a fox one that keeps it on the drivers side on top of the power steering.

We do have a bracket for the a/c and power steering on the driverside You can use your factory power steering pump, but you can not use the factory a/c comp. You have to use a Sanden 508 comp. Is this something that you are willing to change? Please advise.

March Performance
                      888-729-9070
                      I'm interested, wanting to swap a serpentine on the 69. You also carry the serpentine clutch/pulley for the sanden?
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I'm interested, wanting to swap a serpentine on the 69. You also carry the serpentine clutch/pulley for the sanden?
                        I emailed March when I was looking for a drivers setup for my vortech setup fox. That was the reply they sent me back.
                        07 GT500
                        05 SRT10
                        88 turbocoupe T-bird
                        93 Cobra
                        86 coupe
                        Ducati 848

Comment

• I have admit defeat, sort of. I thought I could make a March 30028 and 30038 alternator and power steering brackets designed for the fox water pump work on my sn95 pump. And technically I could have but with my weird extra spacing needed for the crank trigger wheel, it would have required too many spacers and stuck out like a sore thumb.

The timing chain covers are the same height from the blocks depth but obviously bolt up two very different water pumps.

The March stuff uses the two water jacket bolts as the base for how their stuff bolts up. Those are the same on both the fox and the sn95. However the pumps are different thickness at those points. Sn95 is the black cover.

How the brackets bolt up to the fox stuff.

The top two bolts of each bracket go to a top water pump bolt where it meets the respective t'chain cover. I could have made a stand on each side to account for the alignment. You can see in this picture that I traced the bolt patterns of the t'chain and fox water pump then set the sn95 pump on top to see the differences.

Here is how it would have had to space using the sn95

So now I have to pull the romac dampner...not going to be fun considering what it took to get it on 6 years ago, replace the t'chain cover, weld on a -16 an fitting for the radiator hose and tap the two bypass outlets...then paint then both before reinstalling it all.

BUT, the end result will be the ugh needed moving of the alternator away from the turbo. No charging issues are not fun.

Comment

• Have you considered a mini alternator and extra heat shielding?
                            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• I hear you about the Romac.. I thought the same thing as i installed mine 15 years ago. It was a bitch. Pulling it 3 years ago, it came off easy with a puller and went back on with no problems.
                              Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                              90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                                I hear you about the Romac.. I thought the same thing as i installed mine 15 years ago. It was a bitch. Pulling it 3 years ago, it came off easy with a puller and went back on with no problems.
                                I can't tell you how much I hope that is the case. Worse case, I heat it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X