Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bagram Airfield Crash

Video of 747 crashing on 4/29

that thing literally fell out of the air.

Comment

holy shit....what caused that? looks like it tried to climb too steep and stalled out?

Comment

Holy fuck, why were they trying to climb so steeply? How does that happen with modern technology?

Comment

It was a cargo, so I am thinking the load must have shifted

Comment

Either elevator runaway, or cg(cargo) shift causing full nose up, stall,right wing loss of lift,nose drop, full aileron deflection,roll recovery too close to ground to recover from loss of altitude. Pancake crash.

Just my early guess. As a pilot with over 20k+ hours in transport category aircraft, to watch this makes me sick to my stomach. RIP

Comment

My guess would be that whatever cargo they were carrying wasn't properly secured and shifted at rotation. Put the plane in an aft c/g condition which it couldn't get out of..
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                Holy fuck, why were they trying to climb so steeply? How does that happen with modern technology?
                Several observers on the ground reported the National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 had just lifted off and was climbing through approximately 1200 feet when it's nose sharply rose, the aircraft appeared to have stalled and came down erupting in a blaze.

According to a listener on frequency the crew reported the aircraft stalled due to a possible load shift.

And WTF was that bus driver thinking still driving forward as it was VERY obviously going to crash?!

Comment

Something this individual is used to seeing? Absolutely no reaction whatsoever.

Comment

Looks like it had a glide factor of 0.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                      Looks like it had a glide factor of 0.
                      Do you have any idea how much a fully loaded 74-400 weighs? 1200' is a RCH in altitude----glide--- not happening!
                      Some freighters can weigh up to 970,000 lbs. fully loaded.

RCH- term used by many in aviation to denote the smallest increment known to man. Red cunt hair.
                      Last edited by likeitfast55; 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Some heads are going to roll. I went through the aircraft prep and loadmaster shit there and it seemed like a pretty good program/process (for the little I know about air cargo)

Comment

Damn, that's hard to watch
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Jesus, horrible accident. RIP

Comment

That's terrible

Comment

Working...