• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible RIP

Was that one of our planes?

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
      Was that one of our planes?
      National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter on behalf of US Mobility Command, registration N949CA performing cargo flight N8-102 from Bagram (Afghanistan) to Dubai Al Maktoum (United Arab Emirates) with 8 crew, has crashed shortly after takeoff from Bagram Air Base's runway 03 at 15:30L (11:00Z) and erupted into flames near the end of the runway with the perimeter of the Air Base. All 8 crew are reported perished in the crash.

Comment

damn
        2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
        2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter on behalf of US Mobility Command, registration N949CA performing cargo flight N8-102 from Bagram (Afghanistan) to Dubai Al Maktoum (United Arab Emirates) with 8 crew, has crashed shortly after takeoff from Bagram Air Base's runway 03 at 15:30L (11:00Z) and erupted into flames near the end of the runway with the perimeter of the Air Base. All 8 crew are reported perished in the crash.
          Ah if I would of click on the video I would of saw that. Man FUCK that's horrible

Comment

That is horrible....

Some people are thinking the cargo might have shifted upon take off? Seems like there would be multiple checks to verify cargo would be safe for travel?

Comment

It is terrible, all of them knew the score. I hate watching something that is inevitable.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That's horrible. I can't imagine they even had time to think before it was done.

Comment

http://aviation-safety.net/database/...?id=20130429-0
                  Date: 29 APR 2013
                  Time: ca 15:00
                  Type: Boeing 747-428BCF
                  Operator: National Airlines (National Air Cargo)
                  C/n / msn: 25630/960
                  First flight: 1993-01-29 (20 years 3 months)
                  Engines: 4 General Electric CF6-80C2B1F
                  Crew: Fatalities: 7 / Occupants: 7
                  Passengers: Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0
                  Total: Fatalities: 7 / Occupants: 7
                  Airplane damage: Destroyed
                  Airplane fate: Written off (damaged beyond repair)
                  Phase: Takeoff (TOF)
                  Nature: Cargo
                  Departure airport: Bagram Air Base (BPM/OAIX), Afghanistan
                  Destination airport: ?
                  A Boeing 747-400BCF cargo plane, operated by National Air Cargo, crashed on takeoff from Bagram Air Base (BPM), Afghanistan. A base spokesman said the aircraft crashed from a low altitude right after takeoff. A fire erupted. An air base official reported that all seven crew members were killed in the accident.
                  Bagram Air Base has a single concrete runway, 03/21 of 11819 feet (3602 m) in length. According to eyewitness reports, the airplane attained a very steep nose-up attitude immediately after takeoff from runway 03. It rolled left and right and entered a stall, descending towards the ground until it struck the ground near the end of the runway.

Reportedly N949CA operated into Bagram as flight NCR510 from Châteauroux Airport Airport (CHR), France on April 28. The identity of the accident airplane has not yet been confirmed by authorities.

A thunderstorm with Cumulonimbus clouds was approaching the air base at the time of the accident. A weather report shows winds began shifting from 100 degrees at 09:55 UTC to 350 degrees at 10:55 UTC. Accident time was about 15:00 LT / 10:30 UTC:

Comment

Wow. That truck driver has ice in his veins, no verbal reaction what so ever. Did he hit a dog on the way to the crash site?

Comment

Generally the take offs and landings in combat theatre are steep to avoid getting shot down. Flight Engineer buddy of mine is saying that the word they are getting is a load shift. Theoretically there would be multiple checks of the load for security etc but there are places where that can break down. Also I dont know what sort of system they use on that plane or what the cargo was, but I know on the newer C130s the load locks are engaged/disengaged via computer. I dont know how many redundant safeties they have in place for that system, but I personally would be uncomfortable having a computer control my locks, RIP to the crew.
                      Last edited by Danny46; 04-30-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        Wow. That truck driver has ice in his veins, no verbal reaction what so ever. Did he hit a dog on the way to the crash site?
                        He did say "Fuck" with a sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                          Generally the take offs and landings in combat theatre are steep to avoid getting shot down. Flight Engineer buddy of mine is saying that the word they are getting is a load shift. Theoretically there would be multiple checks of the load for security etc but there are places where that can break down. Also I dont know what sort of system they use on that plane or what the cargo was, but I know on the newer C130s the load locks are engaged/disengaged via computer. I dont know how many redundant safeties they have in place for that system, but I personally would be uncomfortable having , RIP to the crew.
                          I read that it was "5 military vehicles."

edit: here http://avherald.com/h?article=46183bb4

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            He did say "Fuck" with a sigh.
                            Seemed like he said it more out of having extra work, or from hitting that dog that you can hear yelping

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              I read that it was "5 military vehicles."

edit: here http://avherald.com/h?article=46183bb4
                              shit, that's probably what happened, a vehicle broke free on takeoff, slid to the rear of the plane, and caused nose up stall. At least, that's my extensive BF2/BF3 expert opinion.
                              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                shit, that's probably what happened, a vehicle broke free on takeoff, slid to the rear of the plane, and caused nose up stall. At least, that's my extensive BF2/BF3 expert opinion.
                                Interesting. I wonder if the vehicles were palletized or just rolled on, and while they may have been close to Center of Gravity limitations I wonder if it was just one vehicle or if maybe one broke free, slamming into the others causing a chain reaction.

Comment

Working...
                                X