Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    What's the best revolver? Aside from the super expensive Korths and whatnot
    Revolver? I have no idea man, I hate shooting them so I do not own any.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      What's the best revolver? Aside from the super expensive Korths and whatnot
      Quality is important, but how the revolver fits in your hand, to me, is more important. I would suggest hitting the Gun Shops and try and find one that feels "right". Here in Tulsa, the 2a Gun Range would rent firearms to try out. Maybe there's a place close to you that does the same.
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

• ammo is like canning jars . when this shit started you had all the first timers buying up everything in bulk along with warehouse suppliers filling to the roof .
        every new gun owner is buying all they can get not just a few boxes . just like people canning food. they bought every jar and lid they could find . try and find a freezer right now . just one huge " oh shit " moment . production will catch up to demand soon i hope .
        i will definitely stock up on reloading supplies when possible . neighbors use to blow off several hundred rounds every weekend . not so much any more .

Comment

• Went to a small gun show the other weekend. The guys I had seen at Academy and other stores around town snagging up ammo had tables set up and selling at crazy prices. Didn't see too many sales except for 22lr (333 packs of White Box for 50 bucks and 555 for 80 bucks). What surprised me was people were bringing in ammo and selling it to those guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
            Went to a small gun show the other weekend. The guys I had seen at Academy and other stores around town snagging up ammo had tables set up and selling at crazy prices. Didn't see too many sales except for 22lr (333 packs of White Box for 50 bucks and 555 for 80 bucks). What surprised me was people were bringing in ammo and selling it to those guys!
            reminds me of the hot wheels guys id see at car shows back in the day

Comment

• This Monday will probably have the shortest line waiting for Academy to open. Have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                This Monday will probably have the shortest line waiting for Academy to open. Have fun.
                LOL Well played!

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  reminds me of the hot wheels guys id see at car shows back in the day
                  You're not kidding, I had a friend that was a hoarder ( don't know if y'all remember it but I had to scrape his dead father who was also a hoarder off the floor of a hoarded storage unit in August of 2006) that dragged around tens of thousands of Hot Wheels that were new in the package for years every time he moved storage units. I couldn't even guess how much money he spent on those things. In the end he had them in a crappy storage unit and they got rained on and ruined. I literally had to clean them out by threatening him with violence or he wouldn't have let me throw them away.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Went to a small Gun Show today. Ammo prices were insane. These were some of the lower prices I saw! 80 bucks for 30.30 (20 rounds) 22 cal 333 pack 90 bucks! 380 was 75 bucks. 9 and 45 were a tad cheaper at 65 bucks. The Wanenmacher’s is coming up in a couple weeks so it's going to be interesting!

Comment

• Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                      Went to a small Gun Show today. Ammo prices were insane. These were some of the lower prices I saw! 80 bucks for 30.30 (20 rounds) 22 cal 333 pack 90 bucks! 380 was 75 bucks. 9 and 45 were a tad cheaper at 65 bucks. The Wanenmacher’s is coming up in a couple weeks so it's going to be interesting!
                      That's why you don't buy from a gun show! Why would you by ammo at a gun show? I have not been to a gun show in a few years. And even than, it was mostly to meet up with the Glock Doctor to have him do triggers or a sight on one of my Glocks because he only works at gun shows. I've never really seen any good deals at a gun show... EVER. If anything, maybe comparable to gun stores but like Amazon and eBay, the internet is where I've found the best deals. And in the COVID times, by far the easiest. I've been hearing stories of a lot of people gouging online and box store sales and reselling at the gun shows.

Comment

• And what's the deal with revolver ammo prices!!?? Cheapest I see on Ammo Seek right now is $.89 a round. And only a couple of hits before it jumps up to over a $1 a round.

Comment

• I haven't been to a gun show since 2008. Sounds like I'm not missing much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            And what's the deal with revolver ammo prices!!?? Cheapest I see on Ammo Seek right now is $.89 a round. And only a couple of hits before it jumps up to over a $1 a round.
                            If this democrat controlled congress gets their way, revolvers will be the only hand guns allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                              If this democrat controlled congress gets their way, revolvers will be the only hand guns allowed.
                              Don't we know it

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                And what's the deal with revolver ammo prices!!?? Cheapest I see on Ammo Seek right now is $.89 a round. And only a couple of hits before it jumps up to over a $1 a round.
                                Damn makes me start thinking about unloading some of the .38 and .38+p that I bought from Wally World when they started giving it away...I picked up as much as I could store in my safe but I generally only keep .357 Magnum in the revolver.

Comment

Working...
                                X