This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    Since mine is fresh sod, I don’t have much hope for a completely baller ass lawn this season. Like Craizie mentioned (he saw it first hand) the sod is just laying on clay and needs to be grown in and leveled. It’ll take a couple years I bet. I want a reel mower. I’m a glutton for punishment.
    It will likely take better than you think..
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      I'm jealous of those tiny, manicured lawns. I bet it cost you guys like 10 bucks to get mowed.
      I don’t think anyone shows up/stops for less than 25 these days.. he’ll 20-25 was the price of lawn work in the 90’s!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        I'm jealous of those tiny, manicured lawns. I bet it cost you guys like 10 bucks to get mowed.
        I cut my own... I only pay for fertilizer/weed prevention.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

This hard freeze should definitely help with annual weeds this spring
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

I haven't even picked up any leaves this season. Glad I waited longer. Usually rake/mow in January.

Comment

Anybody have bushes turn brown after the freeze? I’ve got a handful that have turned and dropped leaves. I’ve got my fingers crossed they’ll be alright

Comment

I put a bunch of zoysia sod down this fall and its handled the weather marvelously. can I just seed over my existing grass(and weeds) and let it take over?

Comment

The rainy season will make my yard look good for a month, maybe 2. Then it will go back to looking like the wasteland for 6-8 months. Strange creatures live in the cracks
                  WH

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                    Anybody have bushes turn brown after the freeze? I’ve got a handful that have turned and dropped leaves. I’ve got my fingers crossed they’ll be alright
                    Yes, including plants that are supposed to withstand the cold. The bad part is most of the local nurseries sustained losses as well, Replacements might be hard to come by,

Comment

Yeah, my front bushes which never lose their leaves got hit pretty hard... hopefully they will be ok.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

My holly hedge had all of the leaves turn brown except for the ones in a more protected area. I'm not mad, my wife hates those bushes and wants to replace them anyway.

Comment

Everything I planted a few weeks before the cold hit is either dead or stressed. My indian hawthornes are all burned on top. Good healthy green on the bottom, except for one that looked like shit when I planted it compared to the other 3. My decorative "grass" died as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

every single one of my plants is stressed or dead as well. The ones i brought into my garage and covered them to insulate them didnt look to make it either. I have an semi-insulated garage and it got to 18 degrees on the worst day.

Fingers crossed some of mine come back because my favorite time of year is late march to mid may when everything is blooming beautifully.

Comment

Already seen my first mosquito. Time to load up on some granules and see how that works. Treating three yards and part of the alley. Good grief

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                                Already seen my first mosquito. Time to load up on some granules and see how that works. Treating three yards and part of the alley. Good grief
                                Cutter backyard spray does a pretty good job of keeping them at bay. I keep 2-3 bottles on hand. I re-spray every 4-6 weeks as necessary

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X