No announcement yet.

Anyone get an outrageous energy bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost power for 3 days and my bill was 1800.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
      I wouldn't pay that shit, fuck em. They can't do shit about it and even if they could figure out a way the State of Texas isn't going to let them.
      Yep. Ditch out on the bill. I sure as fuck would. No question. While I laughed.

Put it on my credit, faggots. I'll laugh until it finally drops off, then I'll laugh again once it does. I may even send taunting emails someday. Once I'd identified certain people. Fuck em.
      WH

Comment

Not that I'm encouraging it, but if you're going to walk from your provider and stiff them on the bill, do it before the bill gets close to disconnection. In rare cases the disconnection can occur just before the switch, and when that happens you are left without power and you can get caught where the new provider cannot reconnect, because they didn't send the disconnect, meanwhile, the old provider cannot send the reconnect, because they are no longer the rep of record. It's rare, and can be fixed, but can take a few days. I saw it happen numerous times when I was in the business.

Also, if your plan is to walk, don't first agree to a deferred payment plan. If you do that, they will slap you with a switch hold, and you will not be able to switch away without paying them. Well, there are ways, but it can become a PITA and take additional time with your power off.

Comment

Just got a call from the power company I've been using, they said they're correcting my rate, not to pay my bill, they'll send me the appropriate amount due based on what I was paying prior to the freeze & subsequent spike in KW hr spot pricing.

Very nice to hear from them :^)
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
            Just got a call from the power company I've been using, they said they're correcting my rate, not to pay my bill, they'll send me the appropriate amount due based on what I was paying prior to the freeze & subsequent spike in KW hr spot pricing.

Excellent news

Comment

Thats great to hear. What company was it?
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

One of the nicest phone calls that you could ever get from an energy company. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                  Excellent news
                  Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                  One of the nicest phone calls that you could ever get from an energy company. Congratulations!
                  Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                  Thats great to hear. What company was it?
                  Agreed!

Pulse Power.
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Mine was 350 not terrible all things considered I guess for an old house
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

$45.47 electric bill for the period 1/23 to 2/22, simply by having a fixed contract rate without using Energy Ogre or rate relief mandates from the State of Texas.

$103.10 Atmos gas bill for the period 1/19 to 2/15 and $54.23 for the period 2/16 to 3/16.

Comment

Working...
                      X