Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need a better wireless router after TWC Maxx upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a better wireless router after TWC Maxx upgrade?

So I was updated to the 100/10 internet speed by TWC, but when I run a speed test, I only get 50/10 over Wi-Fi. I ran a hard connection from my laptop to the router, and it gets 100/10.

This is what I currently have [ame]http://www.amazon.com/RangeMax-Wireless-WNR1000-100NAS-G54-N150/dp/B001UI4RTG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1444933298&sr=8-1&keywords=netgear+wireless[/ame]

I'd get this. I have it and its a great router. 41 megabytes per second wifi transfer, to my HTPC in the next room. Needless to say its a fast mofo

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Wireless-Dual-Band-Anywhere-EA6500/dp/B008I21EA2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1444934150&sr =1-2&keywords=linksys+ea6500[/ame]

They got refurbished ones on amazon for $64. I'd also check ebay. Good bang for the buck
    WH

Comment

did TWC send you the new modem?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
        I'd get this. I have it and its a great router. 41 megabytes per second wifi transfer, to my HTPC in the next room. Needless to say its a fast mofo

They got refurbished ones on amazon for $64. I'd also check ebay. Good bang for the buck
        I have this same router on Charter(60 down) and been very happy with it but I also upgraded my wireless adapters to AC band as well.

This might help...

Comment

Curious, do you really need more over your wireless connection?
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

FWIW, after TWC sent me the new modem I am getting ~180/24 on wireless

I'll have to look and see which router I have.

Comment

they should give you one like they did me.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                did TWC send you the new modem?
                I bought my own and called them to activate it. I previously had a 2.0 modem

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                  I have this same router on Charter(60 down) and been very happy with it but I also upgraded my wireless adapters to AC band as well.

This might help...
                  http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinio...the-difference
                  Yeah sorry I forgot to mention that. In order to see those speeds, you'd need an AC wifi adapter on whatever device it was. I haven't looked but I don't think the older stuff will go that fast.
                  WH

Comment

I got the new one. I get 200+ wired and 130 wifi now
                    2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                    X