selling a firearm to a stranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
    Yes, that's what I mean. Didn't realize there was a difference.

<--------Still new to all the red tape involved in gun ownership.
    Registration would be more along the lines of being required to notify the government (city, state or federal) of each firearm you own and to update them when / if you dispose of them. Texas does not require this.

Anytime you buy a firearm (or receive via) from an FFL, you have to fill out the 4473. That is not required for private party face to face sales (not facilitated by an FFL). So, in theory, that will only typically capture the first owner of a firearm and not any subsequent, in-state, sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Registration would be more along the lines of being required to notify the government (city, state or federal) of each firearm you own and to update them when / if you dispose of them. Texas does not require this.

Anytime you buy a firearm (or receive via) from an FFL, you have to fill out the 4473. That is not required for private party face to face sales (not facilitated by an FFL). So, in theory, that will only typically capture the first owner of a firearm and not any subsequent, in-state, sales.
      I didn't think the feds were supposed to keep records of the 4473?

Now whether the do or not..

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I didn't think the feds were supposed to keep records of the 4473?

Now whether the do or not..
        We have to keep them(4473) for 20 years. If we close up shop before that, we have to send them into the ATF.

Comment

Working...
        X