bring on the .45 super

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk23s are carbines, not pistols.

Mk23s should come with factory sling mounts.

Mk23s de-cocker sucks cocks.

Andre the Giant loved Mk23s for concealed carry. There is a scene in the Princes Bride where you can clearly see that he forgot to remove it; probably because it felt so "dainty" to him.

The Mk23 forever ends the 1911 vs Glock debate because it kicks both of their asses. The reliability of a Glock with the accuracy of a $4000 1911.

Tonight on DFW Mustangs the topic of debate is "HK Mk23 Practical or Pointless?" YOU DECIDE!!!!

HK Mk23 AKA Desert Eagle chambered in .45 ACP.

Wonder what the bore axis measurement is of your Mk23? Grab a yard stick and find out!!!

HKs Mk23 durability testing included firing 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon.

An Hk Mk23 is like Mjölnir in that only Thor can lift it.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

In all seriousness congrats on the purchase. These will go up in value quite a lot.

When I ordered yours there were quite a few in stock with a few distributors. A day later, ALL of them were gone!
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I both like and hate you guys for this thread.... I now have another pistol on my wish list and I have a lot of pistols. My revised pistol wish list: Colt in 38 super (5"), Dan Wesson 10mm 1911, Glock 29 for concealed carry with big boom, Browning Hi Power (for historical reasons), and now the HK Mk 23.

Comment

$449 for a Hi-Power:
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            They had them listed for 399 on gunbroker last week. I will probably pick one up later this month for some refinishing work at gunsmithing school. I might just get two.

Comment

And to shut everyone up, I concealed carried my Mark23 yesterday. Not a problem at all. just stuck that motherfucker in my pocket and put my shirt over it. Went to three different stores, forgot I had it. You're all a bunch of pussies. That is all.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                Mk23s are carbines, not pistols.

Mk23s should come with factory sling mounts.

Mk23s de-cocker sucks cocks.

Andre the Giant loved Mk23s for concealed carry. There is a scene in the Princes Bride where you can clearly see that he forgot to remove it; probably because it felt so "dainty" to him.

The Mk23 forever ends the 1911 vs Glock debate because it kicks both of their asses. The reliability of a Glock with the accuracy of a $4000 1911.

Tonight on DFW Mustangs the topic of debate is "HK Mk23 Practical or Pointless?" YOU DECIDE!!!!

HK Mk23 AKA Desert Eagle chambered in .45 ACP.

Wonder what the bore axis measurement is of your Mk23? Grab a yard stick and find out!!!

HKs Mk23 durability testing included firing 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon.

An Hk Mk23 is like Mjölnir in that only Thor can lift it.
                Straight gold.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  And to shut everyone up, I concealed carried my Mark23 yesterday. Not a problem at all. just stuck that motherfucker in my pocket and put my shirt over it. Went to three different stores, forgot I had it. You're all a bunch of pussies. That is all.
                  Next, CJ conceals a .50 BMG and forgets about it! More at 6.
                  sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                  17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                  13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                  86 SVO - Sold
                  '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                  01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                  65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

you can do the same power as a 460 rowland.

you would need a compensator on end of barrel, stiffer spring (like 26-30lb), stiffer mag springs(most likely), then just use 45 super brass.

from what i have read is 45 super brass is better than 460 row brass, go figure.

should take about 15gr of longshot against a 230gr HP

I wanted to do the above plan on a G21 but I couldn't convince myself I would ever do much hunting at those short of ranges , like 50yrds

Comment

I'll give you like, $20, if you let me shoot that sucker.

Comment

Working...
                      X