so I bought a UPS and it died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
    Issue fixed if you actually read. Troll account obviously. 13 posts. Bye.
    Definite troll if you read the post history.

Comment

Issue fixed if you actually read. Troll account obviously. 13 posts. Bye.
      Nothing was fixed. Plugging directly into the wall does same hardware protection. What is required and provides hardware protection was ignored and was not installed.

Comment

You're dumb.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah. It seems all this troll does it look for threads related to people talking about surge protection and starts posting non-sense. Not a single post outside of that topic. Just an empty profile. I failed to notice that or I wouldn't have took the bait. Sorry for cluttering up your thread.

Even with my elaborate surge protection on the rack, I guess the last storm we had took its toll on my electronics again and this time its the PS3. The unit won't see network connections, Wifi or LAN and wont see or register my BT remote. This is one of the first gen fattys that I have in my media closet just for playing

I just mounted 2 TV's and completely overlooked surge protector, which is on the floor. I have electrical outlet as well, but don't want to just plug into w/out surge protector. Not sure how I forgot, but I did!!! Would it be safe to use a good extension cord thru wall to surge protector on the floor? Or any other good

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
            Yeah. It seems all this troll does it look for threads related to people talking about surge protection and starts posting non-sense. Not a single post outside of that topic. Just an empty profile. I failed to notice that or I wouldn't have took the bait. Sorry for cluttering up your thread.

Even with my elaborate surge protection on the rack, I guess the last storm we had took its toll on my electronics again and this time its the PS3. The unit won't see network connections, Wifi or LAN and wont see or register my BT remote. This is one of the first gen fattys that I have in my media closet just for playing

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh....php?p=1458071
            It's not just DFWM, he has post history all over other forums where he spouts off the same condescension about insufficient transient protection without use of dedicated lightning arresting equipment.

He might have a point about modern electronics being sufficiently capable of conditioning normal power fluctuation without an intermediate device, but any value in his position is undermined by how he couches his argument.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

This is how I handle lightning

Comment

If I could find a flux capacioor , believe me it would already be in my pc..
                sigpic

Comment

So since the 500 dollars UPS had a wattage indicator I saw that I wasn't even pulling 800w under full overclock load. Took it back for another APC UPS that is 865w and it runs fine.

By the way, converting the power to make it cleaner has almost totally eliminated my coil whine from my gpus.

It was as simple as using a pure sine wave instead of simulated.
                  sigpic

Comment

So since the 500 dollars UPS had a wattage indicator I saw that I wasn't even pulling 800w under full overclock load. Took it back for another APC UPS that is 865w and it runs fine.

By the way, converting the power to make it cleaner has almost totally eliminated my coil whine from my gpus.

It was as simple as using a pure sine wave instead of simulated.
                    Some electronic devices don't do well with pulse width modulated power input.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I'd also like to hear how a pure (or good) sine wave is "dirty power". If its inside the correct numbers, then its the correct power. The numbers are shown on the oscilloscope.
                      WH

Comment

I think the troll has left.

Comment

See below.
                          Last edited by Tx Redneck; 09-27-2015, 06:54 PM.
                          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

C'mon w/the tag that could be perceived as racist...

Comment

Now I feel like I missed out on something mildly racist.

Comment

Perceived as racist? Shit's weak.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X