Property taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
    You still have that property? Sounds like rich people stuff they probably don't care.
    Still have it....I need to get rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Quit yer bitching, try $7000.00(ish)
      Percent wise it's just an uncomfortable increase, I don't understand it.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Just got mine today, argued it down last year, this year they bumped the land value an arbitrary $55k, looks like i will be making an appointment again to argue against it. Now that I have done it once I know how to argue my case and should make easy work of it. What a waste of time.
        1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
        TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
        Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          I'm kind of a dumbass, so why is there such a large disparity between the "2017 Market Value" and "2017 Appraised Value"?

MV = 44% higher than AV
          State law only allows them to increase the AV by 10% per year. Your MV is outrunning that 10% by quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Still have it....I need to get rid of it
            Seems like a nice place to build a house.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              State law only allows them to increase the AV by 10% per year. Your MV is outrunning that 10% by quite a bit.
              It wasn't a very expensive house when we bought it, but I'm glad to see it gaining some value.

My house says its up 112% since 2012
              see attached
              Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Man you never know.. I've seen people get some crazy ass numbers lately

I'd be happy for him if he did. He's selling because his wife passed. He's a good guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  It wasn't a very expensive house when we bought it, but I'm glad to see it gaining some value.

see attached
                  you're the winner...Im glad you are winning this one lol

Comment

Tarrant county is trying to jack my land value in Keller up $80k. I bought the property last year and protested it down to purchase price. I argued it a little over 7 months ago. They really think it's gone up that much in such a short time? It's not homestead, but I thought there was a freeze on value increases for a period of time after a protest. Guess not and I Need to protest every year.

It's a bunch of crap.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                      Tarrant county is trying to jack my land value in Keller up $80k. I bought the property last year and protested it down to purchase price. I argued it a little over 7 months ago. They really think it's gone up that much in such a short time? It's not homestead, but I thought there was a freeze on value increases for a period of time after a protest. Guess not and I Need to protest every year.

It's a bunch of crap.
                      Peas in a pod man. I'm having the same issue. Guess we will all be down protesting over the next few weeks.
                      1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                      TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                      Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post

It's a bunch of crap.
                        You'll have to protest every year. And they are valuing land at $115k/acre in Keller.

Comment

Shit, AnthonyS paid $7,080 last year.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

You'll have to protest every year. And they are valuing land at $115k/acre in Keller.
                            That sucks. I will protest every year. Blanket valuations aren't right IMHO. Land value is affected by a ton of factors..
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                              Always fight that shit, always. They do blanket raises with no research. Get local comps. Also if you've had any major work done to your house in the tax year you can deduct that from your home's taxable value for that year.

Please go into greater detail on how to go about fighting it. Or hell even contesting the current taxes. I think property taxes are mere extortion and I wish they'd carried out the people who implemented that, and hanged them in public.
                              WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                Please go into greater detail on how to go about fighting it. Or hell even contesting the current taxes. I think property taxes are mere extortion and I wish they'd carried out the people who implemented that, and hanged them in public.
                                It's total bullshit that they don't lower your appraised value when the market drops unless you protest it, but when it raises they automatically get every penny out of you they can.

My wife handles this shit for us. She contacted someone at the TAD office through email a few years ago, and has been going through this same person every year. She got ours lowered drastically by sending in proof for renovations and repairs we had done to the house ($100k worth). The guy worked with her mostly through email for the whole process. Since they can only raise your appraised value by 10%/year, we are still under what market value is. I think she got lucky by getting ahold of this guy. I'll get his email address from her when I can.

Comment

Working...
                                X