Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine went up less than 10%.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Quit yer bitching, try $7000.00(ish)
      $6800 over here :/

i just lost a bunch of money by state farm moving up the street.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

My valuation went up $32K. I'll be fighting it probably to no avail.

Comment

Mine went up $12k and appraised value went up $11,670. Time to have my fence and other miscellaneous repairs re-bid

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

the market is crazy. Property values are going up every day, new construction is up, houses are selling quick. I heard yesterday that other big company was moving headquarters to Arlington.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              the market is crazy. Property values are going up every day, new construction is up, houses are selling quick. I heard yesterday that other big company was moving headquarters to Arlington.
              This is true, we are building it, 5 10 story office towers in a complex similar to the toyota headquarters we built, and american airlines is relocating over there as well.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                After we met on Saturday, we went home shopping. All north if Ft Worth, etc and couldn't find anything less than $140 a foot. Most what we saw that we liked had zero lot size asnd was $150 a foot. When our hood is selling in the low 130s, I can't justify moving to a smaller lot and 150 a foot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

ballers wanna ball, but have a budget and shit!

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                    After we met on Saturday, we went home shopping. All north if Ft Worth, etc and couldn't find anything less than $140 a foot. Most what we saw that we liked had zero lot size asnd was $150 a foot. When our hood is selling in the low 130s, I can't justify moving to a smaller lot and 150 a foot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                    ill let you know when the lot behind me is ready.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

how does one go about protesting? mine went up $20k. ive never done this before, and I'm hearing several folks saying to file the protest ONLINE right before the deadline and more often than not it will be reduced by at least something.

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Won my protest. Knocked $47K off the valuation of our lot holding it back to last years knocked down number. So far I am 2 for 2 on protests. Looks like I will be making my yearly pilgrimage to TAD as long as this foolishness continues.
                        1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                        TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                        Work In Progress

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                          how does one go about protesting? mine went up $20k. ive never done this before, and I'm hearing several folks saying to file the protest ONLINE right before the deadline and more often than not it will be reduced by at least something.

god bless.
                          I just let North Texas Property Tax do it for me. They automatically protest every year and you only pay if they're successful.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                            Send in the protest form or submit online. You can upload protest materials (evidence) online as well. So far they have never accepted or countered my online proposal. They will send you a hearing date and you march you happy ass down to the TAD office and sit in a room with three panel members and a TAD rep and present your case, TAD presents theirs, and the panel rules on who wins. There is no negotiating or in-between, they either take your proposed number or TAD's.

It is not that difficult if you have good evidence. So far I have felt the process was fair, but that is most likely because I have been successful both times.

It takes very little effort to put together a case and only about 30 minutes total of you time for the hearing process, so I would say keep your money and do it yourself.
                            1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                            TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                            Work In Progress

Comment

The postal service forwarded my property taxes to me last week. My old appraisal was $240K. For 2017 it's gone up to $290K. I"m pretty sure it'll jump to $310K next year.

In Denver, my house just appraised for $468K but I'm pretty sure it'll jump to $500K next year. However Colorado applies property taxes to 7% of a home's value. So my overall property taxes are still a little less than I paid in Texas. Of course Colorado also has an income tax to make up for that.

Comment

Woohoo mine only went up $9906 after going up $6999 the previous year. Hopefully Benbrook figures out a way to get out of the FWISD soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X