Chris Cornell RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Funny how taste in movies works. So many of you guys seem to love George Lucas' work, but for whatever reason I've hated every movie since Star Wars IV since day one (I was a kid). No dig on the movies themselves. Obviously a talented special effects wizard, just thought it was interesting how movies either works or it doesn't, person to person...
    I've never seen Star Wars, I've never seen Star Trek. I'm OK with that.
    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The last song Chris Cornell ever sang on stage before his "sudden and unexpected" death contain lyrics referencing Jesus and heaven.

Chris, the lead singer of Soundgarden, and later Audioslave, died at the age of 52 just hours after joining his Soundgarden bandmates on stage in Detroit's Fox Theatre.

The band had been two-thirds of the way through their North American tour and were due to travel to Columbus, Ohio for a concert on May 19.

They were then scheduled to appear in Maryland Heights, Denver, Houston, Dallas and Oklahoma where their tour would end on May 27.

According to the set list posted online by fans, Chris' last ever song was In My Time Of Dying, which contains the lyrics: "In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn / All I want for you to do is take my body home."

It continues with the verse: "Jesus, going to make up my dying bed / Meet me, Jesus, meet me /
      Meet me in the middle of the air.

"If my wings should fail me, Lord / Please meet me with another pair."

The song has been covered by the likes of Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin and is thought to have originated with Louisiana street performers in the 1920s.

It is inspired by a Bible passage from the Book of Psalms and closes each verse with a line about the singer's deathbed.

The original Bible passage is: "The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing, thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness."

His representative Brian Bumbery said in a statement: "His wife Vicky and family were shocked to learn of his sudden and unexpected passing. "They would like to thank his fans for their continuous love and loyalty and ask that their privacy be respected at this time."

The statement also said the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.

Comment

His last song was a zeppelin song even plant never wanted to sing again. Plant thought it was just too eery.

Comment

From what I read he incorporated lyrics from Zeppelin's 'In My Time of Dying' into 'Slaves & Bulldozers.'

Comment

Rip.
            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...-song-10445932

The last song Chris Cornell ever sang on stage before his "sudden and unexpected" death contain lyrics referencing Jesus and heaven.

Chris, the lead singer of Soundgarden, and later Audioslave, died at the age of 52 just hours after joining his Soundgarden bandmates on stage in Detroit's Fox Theatre.

The band had been two-thirds of the way through their North American tour and were due to travel to Columbus, Ohio for a concert on May 19.

They were then scheduled to appear in Maryland Heights, Denver, Houston, Dallas and Oklahoma where their tour would end on May 27.

According to the set list posted online by fans, Chris' last ever song was In My Time Of Dying, which contains the lyrics: "In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn / All I want for you to do is take my body home."

It continues with the verse: "Jesus, going to make up my dying bed / Meet me, Jesus, meet me /
              Meet me in the middle of the air.

"If my wings should fail me, Lord / Please meet me with another pair."

The song has been covered by the likes of Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin and is thought to have originated with Louisiana street performers in the 1920s.

It is inspired by a Bible passage from the Book of Psalms and closes each verse with a line about the singer's deathbed.

The original Bible passage is: "The Lord will strengthen him upon the bed of languishing, thou wilt make all his bed in his sickness."

His representative Brian Bumbery said in a statement: "His wife Vicky and family were shocked to learn of his sudden and unexpected passing. "They would like to thank his fans for their continuous love and loyalty and ask that their privacy be respected at this time."

The statement also said the family would be working closely with the medical examiner to determine the cause and asked for privacy.
              Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              His last song was a zeppelin song even plant never wanted to sing again. Plant thought it was just too eery.
              Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              From what I read he incorporated lyrics from Zeppelin's 'In My Time of Dying' into 'Slaves & Bulldozers.'
              It is really only a valid point if this was put into the set list for this show. If it was a permanent part of the tour setlist, then it is merely a foot note

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                Sorry to hear it. Way too young for sure.

Funny how taste in music works. So many of you guys seem to love his work, but for whatever reason I've hated his voice since day one. No dig on the man himself. Obviously a talented performer, just thought it was interesting how music either works or it doesn't, person to person.
                I feel the same way about Rush.

Comment

Damn, is life really that fucked up for some people...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    I feel the same way about Rush.
                    Dude, Rush is the worst. THE WORST.

Comment

Yeah, if you ever want to know how to torture Blake, make me listen to Hunger Strike on a loop. I'll tell you anything you want to know.
                      I'm going Hungryyyyyyyyyyy, I'm GOIN HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        It is really only a valid point if this was put into the set list for this show. If it was a permanent part of the tour setlist, then it is merely a foot note
                        If there is going to be speculation on whether or not a message was being sent through this song then it begs the question how long he may have been feeling suicidal in regards if this has been performed in the same way in the past.

Comment

He died too spoon, man.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
                          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cody Jinks did a tribute.

Comment

I always thought he was one of the best voices in the genre.

Comment

Dude, Rush is the worst. THE WORST.
                                Oh, thank God, i thought i was the only one.

Comment

Working...
                                X