No announcement yet.

$2000-$2500 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does he need some more $$$ or is he good with 2k?

Comment

I'm sure he could use another 500 bucks... thing is he doesn't want to borrow / pay back, etc. I thought about just giving him 500 bucks. My wife and I have loaned out 250 here and there a few times over the last couple years and it didn't turn out well.

Comment

I know he is looking for a minivan, but as others have said the I6 Cherokee is a BEAST.. The WJ Grand Cherokee (instead of a 2wd XJ) can be had cheaper and is basically a minivan - models up to 2004 with I6 can be had for nothing with 100-150k. Parts for the Grand Cherokees are easy to come by because many parts can be swapped from the other jeeps of the same era. You can almost get free parts for stock ones.

I own an i6 in an XJ with over 250k miles and the tranny/oil pan are clean and it doesn't burn any oil. Compression test last time I did one was perfect. I've got another in my CJ5 - rebuilt i6 for 2k without a core charge - delivered to my door.

Comment

Is he mechanically inclined?

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            Manual civic all day.
            Why would you suggest a race car in this situation?

Comment

He is a bit mechanically inclined, and I would help out and probably will.... with his 2006 Nissan Versa with 125,000 miles he picked up..

It needs struts and a headlight, but I think he got it for 1400 bucks.

He asked my opinion and without me looking at it, I told him no... his uncle looked at it with him and told him yes... so it's a done deal.

Comment

Working...
              X