Anyone own an Explorer (Sport)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone own an Explorer (Sport)?

I'm in the market for a new '19 Mustang GT, but I've seen a few of these on the road and they look fantastic. Especially the Sport model, that thing looks great.
    Anyway before I pull the trigger on a new Stang, I'd like to see if anyone has an Explorer and their views. I know there was a thread about the V-6's having issues the Sport has the 3.5 V-6 TT EB, so any thoughts, truck owners with the same engine can chime in too...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

I don't own one and neither should you. Be a man and get a new Mustang.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      I don't own one and neither should you. Be a man and get a new Mustang.

You're welcome.
      lmao!!!

Well I own three Mustangs, the Cobra, the '12 5.0 and a '17 Mustang. Sometimes not being able to carry more than 3 or 4 comfortably sucks. Also not being able to carry larger buys gets annoying and if I need a truck I have to rent one from Lowes, which isn't a big deal really since most places will deliver, sooo...
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

bro you are right, they do look good.

i am not mad at them, but i think they are expensive for what you get.

Comment

Well if you already have several mustangs,I'd go for the sport model too for the reasons you said. They look to run pretty good stock and with tunes

Comment

Get a crew cab f-150. That's what cool dudes drive. You can haul a bunch of people and throw shit in the back of it. Oh, and you don't have to look like you are driving your wife's vehicle.

Comment

Be a man and get a jacked up quad cab F-350 4x4 diesel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                lmao!!!

Well I own three Mustangs, the Cobra, the '12 5.0 and a '17 Mustang...
                Oh yeah, I forgot you've got some skins on the wall when it comes to the Mustang collection. I'll give you an Explorer pass. This time.

Comment

My wife has a 2014 model. Averages about 18 mpg, which I thought was a bit low. For a grocery getter, it moves pretty good.

Comment

The complaints about the 3.5 liter exist but are pretty limited when you look at the number of those engines on the road.

I just traded in my explorer for the cheapest EcoBoost crew cab 4x4 with a rear locker that I could find. Those were literally my only options (plastic floors and all), and ive been pretty impressed. It does have the bigger entertainment system and a center console, but I think thats standard on the STX package.

I said all that to say this...I got the cheap truck because I'm waiting on the new bronco and/or an expedition/navigator price drop. So if you can hold out for the new bronco it may be worth waiting.

Edit: also the explorer was more comfortable than the f150 in the front seats. But the rear seats are better in the truck.

Comment

I would have seriously considered one when I bought the Mustang, had they offered a 5.0.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

brodozer!

Comment

Not a good idea, I don't think you could handle the turbo power.

Comment

The wife has a Limited and it’s a terrific vehicle.
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

not an explorer but the edge st is trying hit that niche performance crossover suv market

Comment

Working...
                              X