Unclaimed money - Texas Comptroller's site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unclaimed money - Texas Comptroller's site

I went down a rabbit hole the other night on the Texas Comptroller's site when I started looking at all variations of my name and any relatives names. A lot of people with money from mineral rights just sitting unclaimed and they are dead, don't know, or their heirs don't know. Anyone else find anything substantial for yourself?

i found some for me, wasn't a lot. Jumped through hoops to claim it and they denied it because I showed to never live at the address. (I never did, it was a deposit I made for my now deceased moms cable TV)... Was in my name and had my identifiers.. Assholes..

Comment

every couple years I'll roll thru the unclaimed property sites for all the states I've lived in.
      I'd say on average i'll find 75-150 bucks when it's all said and done.. claiming and receiving it can be a a pain.

Comment

I filled out the info for the few I have on there close to a year ago and still haven't seen any checks in my mailbox.

Comment

hahaha a government run program that returns your money and you expect to get paid? Paid in the next 10 years even? Good Luck with that. You're better off watching paint dry.

Comment

In the last 2 years, I've found out my grandfather had lots of mineral rights that he did not know of, nor did my mother. She died Mar 2018. None of these ever showed up when I have looked. There are still several companies that owe me that I haven't been able to switch over yet.

I'll check again this year.
            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
            86 SVO - Sold
            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I found a $100k endowment for some dude who lived in a really shitty trailer in New Caney, Tx with a very similar name.

Comment

I found around $150 on there for myself. The claims process is such a racket that I've never finished it.

Comment

I've pulled around a grand off that site over the last fifteen years across about 3 or 4 claims. I remember to look at it about every 2-3 years. Looks like it is about time to look again.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    I've pulled around a grand off that site over the last fifteen years across about 3 or 4 claims. I remember to look at it about every 2-3 years. Looks like it is about time to look again.
                    My wife's ex-husband is owed like 3500 on there, should I tell him?
                    Last edited by BradM; 12-04-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      My wife's husband is owed like 3500 on there, should I tell him?
                      Just shoot me his social, I'll take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        Just shoot me his social, I'll take care of it.
                        My wife knows it by heart...

God damn it, it was supposed to say EX-husband.

Comment

Somewhat off topic, but if you leave money just sitting in a bank account for too long, these scum of the earth will steal it. Legally. Just fyi

Got a letter from Colonial Savings, saying some money I left sitting for 5 years was going to "be held by the comptroller" due to account inactivity. So I promptly went and got the money and closed the account. Should've stuck up for your customer and not reported the inactivity, I don't care what you have to do. Don't participate. wtf... it's a bank account. Money is supposed to be able to sit there practically forever if need be.
                          WH

Comment

The state wants to use your money interest free, instead of allowing the same by the company who owes it to you.

Comment

Working...
                            X