Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were going to build a kit car, what would be your choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    That's some good thread grave digging there. Since this thread was new, this one became a thing. I think they're pretty cool...

Factory Five 818 Models 818S STREET The 818S is a well-engineered, easy to build street car with the performance of…

That picture made my sticker peck out. Then I followed the link. The styling is...odd. from the front it hints at calloway corvette. Get to the back......mazda miata.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

CSX 7000 series

aluminum bodied small block competition "continuation series" Cobra, built by Shelby American

oh yes

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        CSX 7000 series

aluminum bodied small block competition "continuation series" Cobra, built by Shelby American

oh yes

Have you seen the USRRC bodies from F5?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I like those factory 5 cars, and always wanted to build a AC Cobra, but as I get older.........

If I want a precision tuned street car I start with a well proven base then go from there. Now, big nasty trucks, that is different. Still, every time I drive the TJ, I think of how well the A/C works, and the thing drives, and how I am not under it all the time.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            I don't know why you would build one when you can buy someone else's that they already blew their wad on. The resale on them tends to not be very good.
            You're right about that. That FF 819 or whatever you can score for a little over $10k.
            I would like to build athat aluminum Shelby that Danny posted with a coyote
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              Have you seen the USRRC bodies from F5?
              Yes.

No offense intended, but Fiberglass < Aluminum. There are a lot of ways to get an aluminum bodied replica, any of them are fine. I have to say I like Henry's idea of a coyote in one. Having driven one nearly 100k miles, they have plenty of balls (for a n/a setup). Just get a "cam" tune and keep the hood shut.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Yes.

No offense intended, but Fiberglass < Aluminum. There are a lot of ways to get an aluminum bodied replica, any of them are fine. I have to say I like Henry's idea of a coyote in one. Having driven one nearly 100k miles, they have plenty of balls (for a n/a setup). Just get a "cam" tune and keep the hood shut.
                None taken!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Bauer catfish with 6.0 to 7.0L LS heart and t56 trans. They don't make tires sticky enough for that.... should run on par and be a poor mans F1 car.

Comment

I have to say I like Henry's idea of a coyote in one. Having driven one nearly 100k miles, they have plenty of balls (for a n/a setup). Just get a "cam" tune and keep the hood shut.
                    I have 85k miles on mine and the BOSS 302 Intake, Steeda CAI and tOOn since 60K miles, it runs very well. I would like that Shelby, an aluminator mill with a Sniper intake, oh yes...
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Last chance boys!

1988 F40 body on a 1985 Pontiac chassis with a V6, auto, air conditioning. All mounting and assembly is complete. Needs latches and finishing. I have nearly $20 K in it and got sick 10 years ago and will never be able to finish it. Only a few survived. Capable of over 200 mph with right engines. $5,000 cash or trade for something I can get that much for. An old hot rod, early T-bird 58-65, 57 Chevy Belair, diesel car or truck, or airplane?? It needs a LOT OF WORK BUT MAN WOULD IT BE WORTH IT. it is priceless and someone will have a family heirloom.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

For me it would be a toss up between the Daytona and the Cobra, with the edge going to the Cobra. Call me vanilla I suppose, but either would definitely have a huge mill in them. A GT350 motor would be unique, expensive, but unique.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                          Last chance boys!

1988 F40 body on a 1985 Pontiac chassis with a V6, auto, air conditioning. All mounting and assembly is complete. Needs latches and finishing. I have nearly $20 K in it and got sick 10 years ago and will never be able to finish it. Only a few survived. Capable of over 200 mph with right engines. $5,000 cash or trade for something I can get that much for. An old hot rod, early T-bird 58-65, 57 Chevy Belair, diesel car or truck, or airplane?? It needs a LOT OF WORK BUT MAN WOULD IT BE WORTH IT. it is priceless and someone will have a family heirloom.
                          Family Heirloom?

if your family lives in a doublewide....

me, i'd do a Laser917

Comment

Always wanted a Kelmark GT with a Taurus SHO Yamaha engine.
                            Last edited by Murph Tang; 01-18-2019, 02:36 PM.
                            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                              Family Heirloom?

if your family lives in a doublewide....

me, i'd do a Laser917
                              http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1335833013.jpg
                              oh yeah?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                oh yeah?
                                a Pelican Bay doublewide....

Comment

Working...
                                X