No announcement yet.

End of year bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would imagine that COL raises are more for those on the lower end of the pay scale, who are an operational expense, that are likely already being paid at the low end of market value. The COL raise is used in an effort to keep tenured employees on board, rather than having them shopping for a new job, and having to train and pay a replacement about the same.

Anyone with an understanding of what they are worth will already be getting regular merit-based raises, or are in a commission-based role, and are paid directly based on performance/revenue.

The other side of that coin is when relocating to a different part of the country. When I moved to San Diego got a bump in base pay, due to the much higher COL of SoCal.

Comment

50% of my base last year, hoping for similar this year. Chooooooo$$$$$$$$$ choooooo$$$$$$$$$$ fuckers.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        Raises are not a thing in my world at all. I think the last time I got a raise was when I worked at Radio Shack fresh out of high school.
        Typical for sales.. Most corporate schlubs like me get annual performance based increases. Averages are around 3%, if you don't do anything special it might be zero, if you do great it might be 5 or 6%. Most corporate jobs below supervisor or manager don't even have bonuses, so other than moving jobs this is the only way people's salary increases over the years.

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        I would imagine that COL raises are more for those on the lower end of the pay scale, who are an operational expense, that are likely already being paid at the low end of market value. The COL raise is used in an effort to keep tenured employees on board, rather than having them shopping for a new job, and having to train and pay a replacement about the same.

Anyone with an understanding of what they are worth will already be getting regular merit-based raises, or are in a commission-based role, and are paid directly based on performance/revenue.

The other side of that coin is when relocating to a different part of the country. When I moved to San Diego got a bump in base pay, due to the much higher COL of SoCal.
        The only time I have seen COL increases is government employees and some unions if it's in their contract. Not to say it doesn't exist elsewhere but it's certainly not common.

Comment

Zilch, nada. My bonus is rabid online December spenders hitting my ebay listings.

Comment

Case of glass bottle coke as usual.
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Boss just came by.... $200 gift card.

Comment

I should have 25% annual bonus coming in January.
                No Christmas bonus though.
                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

We get this years Christmas bonus in March 2018. Woo hoo

Comment

Nothing in healthcare...unless you count the cafeteria free lunch!

Comment

I typically get 20-22% bonus and 4% raise but we haven't seen the numbers yet. Won't pay out until Feb either way.
                      01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

$15 dollar gift card to starbucks, lol.

Comment

I get a quarterly bonus and it adds up to 100 to 120% of my salary per year. It is based purely on what I get done. For Christmas I usually get a pretty decent gift from the company. I love my job and the company but like anyone, I am also like Joe Walsh, I can't complain but sometimes I still do.
                          Last edited by Broncojohnny; 12-15-2017, 10:15 PM.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I joined the new gig too late to get the fat ass bonus they handed out. If be happy with a quarter of it this year.

They did give me a nice mid cycle raise however and things are going well professionally at least.

I'm jealous of you fools getting something decent. Hopefully my side hustles pick up next year!

Comment

My business segment ate dirt this year, so the typical PRP and bonus we get is nothing this go round. however I took a new position that has a base pay of about 10k more than I make currently, so I guess with rose colored lenses on you could say that's my "bonus" this year. Either way I'm just happy to have a good job and the ability to pay my bills

Comment

No Christmas bonuses here also. We get a retention bonus every 6 months that is a decent...about equivalent to a week's pay each time around.

The pay per job title never goes up for us.
                                Each title has paid the same for the past 8 years. With a new round of contracts going up for bid right now, we are anticipating a loss in earnings per title. Luckily my employer is promoting me so hopefully with the incoming contractor I'll at the least make the same after transition, if I trasnsition and don't stay with my present company.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                                X