Legal SBR that requires no stamp???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal SBR that requires no stamp???

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this...

According to the NFA an SBR is any firearm with a buttstock that has a rifled barrel of less than sixteen inches, or an overall length of less than twenty six inches. The total length is measured in the extended position. However, Franklin Armory found a shocking loophole.? As part of the new Reformation line …

One shitbrained idea that's being thrown around is that they used a rifled muzzle device threaded onto a smooth bore firearm

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      One shitbrained idea that's being thrown around is that they used a rifled muzzle device threaded onto a smooth bore firearm
      That was very common 120 years ago.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        If not that, my guess is something along the same lines (smooth bore with some alternate method of getting the spin)..

I think I'd still rather do the pistol / forearm brace route.

Edit: T first I thought it might be some additional 'extension' other than the standard buttstock based on: "The total length is measured in the extended position." But the "Not a Rifle" seems to rule that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          If not that, my guess is something along the same lines (smooth bore with some alternate method of getting the spin)..

I think I'd still rather do the pistol / forearm brace route.

Edit: T first I thought it might be some additional 'extension' other than the standard buttstock based on: "The total length is measured in the extended position." But the "Not a Rifle" seems to rule that out.
          The GCA very specifically makes smooth bore rifles and hand guns illegal.

I am baffled as to how they got this done outside of the NFA.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
            The GCA very specifically makes smooth bore rifles and hand guns illegal.
            Any guesses?

Edit: Just saw your addition..

The "not a shotgun" made me think that too (that it has some type of smooth bore). I figured they wouldn't specify that unless there was reason to, like a smooth bore. But I have no clue, obviously.
            Last edited by Chili; 01-12-2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Whatever they did, I'll still just stick with the pistol lower / brace route, or pay $200 for a stamp.

Comment

It looks like they're just declaring it a "firearm" at the point if manufacture. The fucking NFA is stupid.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

16” Barrel and overall length greater than 26” is my guess. But it’s not an SBR unless it’s registered. So it’s not exactly skirting the law if it doesn’t fall into it.

Or some are saying the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    16” Barrel and overall length greater than 26” is my guess. But it’s not an SBR unless it’s registered. So it’s not exactly skirting the law if it doesn’t fall into it.
                    11.5"

Comment

Then I say it shoots when one releases the trigger. The federal definition says a rifle is an item that function by explosion and pull of a trigger. So release the trigger and it shoots would probably skirt it.

Comment

Thought it was interesting and wanted to open it up for discussion. I for one am not interested and would prefer something more legal to the letter of the law and not something designed to skirt it.

Comment

Eh. Looks like they claim to have a FTB letter from the ATF. So it’s orobably safe until they ban it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                            Thought it was interesting and wanted to open it up for discussion. I for one am not interested and would prefer something more legal to the letter of the law and not something designed to skirt it.
                            The NFA is pretty much black and white. If it is not illegal then it is totally legal. There is no such thing as a little bit legal anymore than a woman can be a little bit pregnant. If they can sell this without a stamp then it is legal to the letter of the law.

Comment

Is it possible the thing is over 26" fully extended but with an under 16" barrel? Does the nfa say 16 AND 26, or 16 OR 26?
                              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Working...
                              X