No announcement yet.

Back Surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of surgery did you end up doing?

Comment

Don't take back steroids or you'll get the meningitis!!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
        What type of surgery did you end up doing?
        Minimally invasive laminotomy and discectomy. They found my disc had ruptured when they went in for the procedure.
        Which I am going to take as the reason that my injections didn't lead to any relief. Dr. Bartolomei has been great! I still have high hopes of being able to start road cycling early next year, even with this minor hiccup.

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        Don't take back steroids or you'll get the meningitis!!
        That outbreak is from epidural steroid injections. I had those too, however, my care provider doesn't use that distributor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Do you have the images of your disc compression.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            And so the complications of back surgery begin for you...

I'm no paramedic, but I would avoid back surgery at all costs!
            lol.

Hope your recovery goes well man!

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
              Do you have the images of your disc compression.
              I do. I would have to find them. Ive got images that are about a year apart. Some bad ones from initial diagnosis, and then better quality from when I had a relapse after initial treatment (when it ruptured)

Comment

A little update. I did some front end work on my truck last night. No heaving lifting just stooped over the front end for a while. This caused some discomfort in my back. I took a norco and went to bed. This morning I am in rough shape. Got ready for work with a limp and tightness in my lower back on the left side. As I was backing out of the driveway, working the clutch was a chore. I decided to park in front of the house and have my girlfriend drive me. As I stepped up the curb into the yard I collapsed and had to have her come out and help me into the house. Now, I am laid up in bed waiting for the flexeril to kick in and hope I can get to work later

Comment

Well, I'm second guessing my decision now... Hope it's nothing bad, dude!!
                  How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                    Well, I'm second guessing my decision now... Hope it's nothing bad, dude!!
                    I wouldn't second guess your decision. This is the first MAJOR issue since I had surgery. It could have probably been avoided had I taken a muscle relaxer before I went to sleep last night. The pain is a bit different than my pre surgery pain. Before surgery this pain level was VERY frequent

Comment

damn that sucks!

Comment

Time to update this. I am on day 4 of a 6 day oral steroid pack, medrol. This is my first round with this particular drug. I found prednisone and dexamethisone to be rather effective

Comment

I hit the wrong damn button it has been one of those days.

The previous meds were given in larger initial doses. If you are not familiar with oral steroids, they are given in tapered doses. The pred was typically a 10 day dose and the dex was a 2-2.5 week dose if I remember correctly. This medrol is a 6 day pack that doesn't start as strong and seems to taper much quicker. I am somewhat better than when I went to the doctor, I just don't feel like I am where I should be, or would be with a stronger initial dose and a lengthened taper on the dosage. I have a "limp" caused by the inflamation. The limp helps me to avoid some of the pain from walking upright. I almost feel like I could go get a chiroractic adjustment and get some relief, however, I am not sure if that is safe only being 7 months post op. Again, I still feel like I made the correct decision to have the surgery. I just didn't respect my limitations.

Comment

Hoping for the best for you. I had the same surgery on L4 back in 1998.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Mine was L3/L4 it has been a long road to this point. I was very excited last week, Thursday actually. Picked up my first road bike on Wednesday, took it for a quick half mile spin on Thursday, to see how my body was going to handle it. It didn't give me any issues or concerns. Then on Friday I overstep my limits and there is no telling when I will get back on the right track, or what it is going to take to get me there

Comment

Just thought I would update this. I know there are a few of us who have had surgery, or have issues. I am a little past 2 years post op, and still very glad I had the surgery. My mobility is pretty much completely restored. On the flip side, I have been getting a bit of tingling and numbness in my feet and toes lately when I sit in certain positions. Along with that, some intermittent pain in my lower back. I have an appointment, on Nov. 11th to see what is going on. I am hoping a round of steroids gets me back to normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X